Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Stanford Researchers Target Cancer Cell Proliferation

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

USE of Sanitary Napkins and Pads can cause cervical cancer

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby taylan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:29 am

its true fact in my country and asia,autralia have hear about that, dioxin contain in sanitary napkin can cause cervical cancer ,we can provide by eyes contain of sanitary napkins is not from cotton but recycle paper who use bleaching with dioxin. but it's not faster they need a few year make it happaned, but its only case another case about infection vaginal can happaned too, so in here use sanitary napkin without dioxin, if you want more detail product you can sent to my email [email protected]
taylan

Postby raynard41 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:31 am

my neighbour is a leading gynae, and we were discussing the issue of sanitary napkins causing infections, well what she told me as follows as many napkins are made from recylced paper, they have to use dioxin to remove the inks and to make the napkins white, even though they are thoroughly washed, some part of the dioxin stays in the napkin, which can cause infections in some women who have low immune system, the point ,,,how do we know if a persons body has a low immune system? also many women, just to save money, dont change the napkins as frequently as it should be, this can cause build up of bacteria.. however there are napkins which do eliminate bacteria in the market just my two cents worth,, lourdes carlos [email protected]
raynard41

Postby abiah » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:40 am

I have just read an email regarding the Use of Sanitary Napkins for more than 3 hours can cause cervical cancer and bacteria infection. I don't know if this is true but there is no harm if I follow as instructed in the use of sanitary napkins. Just a question why all this time if sanitary napkins can really cause cervical cancer then I assume if this is true a lot of women today suffer from the disease. I am on my twenties right now so for the woman aged forties right now, a lot might have suffered from cervical cancer.?? What do you think? Is this factual??
abiah

Postby peverell » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:44 am

I do not know this. but is it true? then what else we can use? torn clothes? i do not know if its proven fact, i s no harm in napkins
peverell

Postby crosland » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:55 am

Well I am 41 and I have been using pads since I first started getting my period at 12. I don't have cervical cancer. I would think that tampons would cause that, not pads being that they are outside of the body and no where near the cervix.
crosland

Postby eugen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:58 am

how are women supposed to keep clean if we cant even use pads for 3 hours? its nonsense...tampons are dangerous and can cause all sorts of infections...same for pads but not as much since they dont end up inside...sure if one doesnt clean herself there will be bacterias...but there are some kind of bacterias that are needed in certain areas of our body so over-cleaning is dangerous too. The only thing would be using washable cotton pads...might not be as thin as the new ones but at least they are healthier and most of all can be reused without having to spend billions in pads or tampons
eugen

Postby watt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:08 am

i think it's true.. well, i am still on my twenties too.. but i believe it's true if we let the sanitary napkin stay for a long time that means the dirt and the bacteria in the sanitary napkin when we have the period will also stay longer in our private place and since it's open has the possibility to spread and infect our cervics.. so i guess that's true.. guess what we should do is keep our self clean especially when we have periods and change the sanitary napkin regulary..
watt

Postby amaury » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:23 am

I did a small search and they say the data isnt there to make sure. I have to wonder about this thou as if it is true I would think all women would end up with cancer at some point. Be it from pads or tampons.
amaury

Postby arledge » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:28 am

Apparently even wearing panty liners does as well! That is because they have silica gel, the gel that you find in new products or even like biscuits. The purpose of it is to "eat" the oxygen so that the products won't grow moulds or the biscuits will still stay crispy.
arledge

Postby blackburn » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:44 am

Check this out with snopes.com. They are a website that dispels myths and lies that are floating around the internet. I believe this is an old one that started out as a warning about tampons first. I believe that the expert quoted may not even exist. If this was true, It would be front page news, don't you think?
blackburn

PreviousNext

Return to Stomach Cancer