Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Ulcerated wound following minor surgery?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby ludano » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:24 am

My father had a malignant melanoma removed from his nose, together with approximately half a centimeter around it. A couple of days after the operation, the wound looked fine, that is to say it was clean, clear and showing no signs of weeping. However today - Sunday - (the operation was performed on 16th February) - I have just dressed the wound and noticed it is weeping slightly, plus there is a flat, yellow area in its centre, which I am guessing, is pus. Why is this? especially when the days before it was find! Can anyone help please?
ludano

Postby guin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:29 am

Part of the healing process is inflammation which is when the body tries to bring healing factors to the wound. This means that the area will get red, warm, swollen and tender. There may be drainage ranging from bloody to clear/yellow. The yellow center may just be something called Fibrin which the wound secretes to protect itself and is not harmful. Keep the wound covered and away from the air and anything potentially toxic and it should heal just fine.
guin

Postby armon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:36 am

its better that if you check with doctors.
armon

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer