Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Two new moles on my face. Should I get them checked out?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby chano » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Within the last month or so I've had two small moles appear on my face. They're small and about the size of a pinhead. They're round and light brown. I've also had another small mole on my face since birth. However, it seems like it's getting bigger.

Should I have a biopsy done on these moles to see if they're cancerous? I don't think they probably are since I'm only 24. But my dad and several other family members have had skin cancer so I don't want to overlook that possibility. I'm fair-skinned and of Scandinavian descent so I have been badly sunburned a number of times--if that makes a difference. When my brother was in his teen's he had several moles pop up suddenly. He had a biopsy done too and it turned out to be nothing.

Can I have a biopsy done by a dermatologist or what kind of doctor would I need to see to have this checked out?

Thanks for your suggestions.
chano

Postby eyton » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Within the last month or so I've had two small moles appear on my face. They're small and about the size of a pinhead. They're round and light brown. I've also had another small mole on my face since birth. However, it seems like it's getting bigger.

Should I have a biopsy done on these moles to see if they're cancerous? I don't think they probably are since I'm only 24. But my dad and several other family members have had skin cancer so I don't want to overlook that possibility. I'm fair-skinned and of Scandinavian descent so I have been badly sunburned a number of times--if that makes a difference. When my brother was in his teen's he had several moles pop up suddenly. He had a biopsy done too and it turned out to be nothing.

Can I have a biopsy done by a dermatologist or what kind of doctor would I need to see to have this checked out?

Thanks for your suggestions.
see your doctor first and if they think the moles look suspicious then they will refer you for a biopsy
eyton

Return to Stomach Cancer