Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Terminal Liver Cancer(estimate Of Life Left)

Liver Cancer research, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby Spence » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:35 am

my mother in law was diagnosed with liver cancer bout 2 1/2- 3 months ago(they said bile duct cancer)after having her gull bladder removed the doctors said that her tomers were growing bout a cm a day they gave her 4 months to live. she refused treatment because doctors said it more then likely wouldnt make  difference because they had caught it in the final stages. recently within the last 2 weeks- week and a half she has pretty much stopped eating and drinking and within the last few days she has stopped peeing and pooping they put in catheters for both and still nothing. yesterday my husband said she has periods where when he talks to her she doesn't respond. this morning hospice came in and put her on oxygen cause her levels dropped and on liquid morphine and cancelled all her other meds i was just wondering about how long we have left with her?
Spence

Postby Verrill » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:01 am

From your description, I'd guess a week or two.  Usually when they cancel all the meds and turn to morphine and oxygen, the time is short.  I agree that with end stage liver cancer as you describe there's not much you can do.  Sorry to hear about your mother in law.  I hope things move along peacefully.  
Verrill

Postby dubhgan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:48 am

my mother in law was diagnosed with liver cancer bout 2 1/2- 3 months ago(they said bile duct cancer)after having her gull bladder removed the doctors said that her tomers were growing bout a cm a day they gave her 4 months to live. she refused treatment because doctors said it more then likely wouldnt make  difference because they had caught it in the final stages. recently within the last 2 weeks- week and a half she has pretty much stopped eating and drinking and within the last few days she has stopped peeing and pooping they put in catheters for both and still nothing. yesterday my husband said she has periods where when he talks to her she doesn't respond. this morning hospice came in and put her on oxygen cause her levels dropped and on liquid morphine and cancelled all her other meds i was just wondering about how long we have left with her?
dubhgan

Return to Liver Cancer