Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Stomach ulcers? Birth control?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Stomach ulcers? Birth control?

Postby anwar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:33 pm

I've had a history of stomach problems, and many people in my family have had ulcers. Two nights ago, I woke up with severe nausea and acid reflux. It was so bad that it literally felt like my stomach and throat were on fire. I never threw up though, I only dry heaved. But last night, I woke up around the same time, without the acid reflux but with the nausea. However, I threw up. My stomach has felt very bloated and sore, and I'm unsure of what I should eat. I had my period last week, and I recently missed my first birth control pill of the month on Sunday, for the first time ever, but that was after the first night of stomach problems. I also take Prozac, and I've recently tried upping my dosage at my doctor's recommendation. My mom thinks I might have an ulcer, and I'm going to the doctor soon but it has been bothering me a lot. Does it sound like a stomach ulcer, or an issue because of my slight change in hormones with the birth control, or the new Prozac dosage? And what kind of foods should I eat before bed to stop the nausea, acid reflux, and vomiting?
anwar

Return to Stomach Cancer