Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Stomach burning and nausea when waking up early in the morning. Ulcer?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby kywrkh » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:52 am

For about 2 or 3 years I have noticed that when I wake up early (between 7:00 and 8:00 in the morning) my stomach burns, I feel nauseous, and my stomach is not flat and looks as if I have not completely digested the food i ate the night before. I can't eat breakfast when this happens because these symptoms make eating really unappealing. This all goes away about an hour or two after being awake. However, in the summer when I can sleep in to about 10:00, I feel fine and my stomach is completely flat and digested. Does this happen to anyone else? I am SO SCARED that it is a stomach ulcer. i have extreme anxiety issues and I skip breakfast and lunch all the time when I am busy in school so I am really afraid that I have caused myself an ulcer. Also, within the past month, I have sometimes noticed a small pain on the left side of my abdominal muscles. Does this sound like an ulcer or am i being a hypochondriac?
kywrkh

Postby chano » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:56 am

Actually it sounds more like a combination of bloating and indigestion (likely from you anxiety).

Ulcers tend to be more of a sharp pain than a burning sensation, and is usually accompanied by vomiting.
chano

Postby luigi » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:59 am

please see your doctor . having an ulcer is not life threatening, anything is better than not knowing and it is much better for most conditions if it is caught and treated early
luigi

Postby giovany41 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:12 am

Sounds like a possible hiatal hernia which can lead to ulcers. Medications can also cause indigestion.
See a doctor and possibly get an endoscopy - a camera they put down your throat (you're sedated so its an easy process). Also you can get an upper g.i. X-ray or ct scan.

I have a hiatal hernia. I was treated for an ulcer with antibiotics and put on medication for acid reflux.
Not a big deal.
Please do see a doctor asap. I let mine go for a while too with similar symptoms. Treatment made all the difference!
giovany41

Return to Stomach Cancer