Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Stereotactic Radiation For Brain Mets

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby Chepe » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:27 am

I actually do. Actually, I've had it although not for brain mets... for primary brain cancer. With me, they first created a disguise for me out of this plastic mesh to ensure that my mind was inside the identical place each time. Then they did a higher quality MRI to map out the precise location they desired to target. The complex procedure may be difficult to comprehend however for me whilst the individual, it had been super easy once I acquired familiar with having my mind bolted-down to the desk. The radiation source shifted around my mind giving out less than Whole-Brain Radiation doses from a number of different directions to ensure that just where in actuality the radiation beams entered obtained the entire dose. It truly is not that difficult. I did so encounter some short-term, local hair thinning. I'd genuinely believe that there would be not as long haul harm than with WBR... At-least that's what its purpose is.
Chepe

Postby cedric52 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:12 am

We are beginning therapy in a few days, with 5 "amounts". I truly have self-confidence with this latest addition to the group. He used 1 1/2 hours around, and described at length. It felt good to acquired some good information, its been awhile. Because Of everybody who article, it's fantastic to possess this type of fantastic network.
cedric52

Postby Kolskeggr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi sgodshall;
I'd the entire brain radiation, which was a frightening however at the the time, however in 8 weeks time I went 5 to 10 mets in my own brain. The benefit is the fact that the mets were little and the remedies must certanly be really efficient against them, I was afraid of missing any hidden mets with the particular radiation technique, which at first they said I might have with the 5 mets. Getting The entire brain technique completed has dangers however it appears that brain cancer is riskier to my health. So without doubt I Will possess some problems, it's impacted my reading currently and probably completely. It's a trouble but a little price to cover extended-life. I really hope you can record back quickly so we can continue steadily to discuss along side you.
God Bless
John
Kolskeggr

Postby fogarty » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:13 am

Dano
My husband obtained WBR first, now we move ahead to stereotactic. The cancers (5) enhanced "slightly". One is 2.9cm x 2.4cm. It showed minimal change. Presently getting Carbo/Taxol, for lung. Fresh check demonstrated no development, no shrinkage. It appears we proceed in one fight to a different. I've read your article and realize you realize that. Wish you'd an excellent "escape". Spouse in is 40's.
fogarty

Previous

Return to Lung Cancer