Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Stage 4 lung cancer and pneumonia...... can they recover?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby eugen » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:01 am

My mother has lung cancer and at last visit we were told it was stage 4 and that was almost a year ago, monday she went to the hospital 2x and third time on wed. she was diagnosed first monday with bronchitis and then with pneumonia on wed. shes taking antibiotics but doesn't seem to be getting a lot better. Should i be worried? or is there a chance that she will recover and get better? I have read so much about this that it honestly is concerning and freaking me out but i am also a realist so i am planning for the worst and watching for the signs of passing but i am really hoping she will get better. I just don't want her to suffer either, has anyone got any good advice or can help me out? thanks
eugen

Postby towley » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:02 am

My dad had pneumonia with 20% chance of living 4 years ago and he made it its all about the doctors and how good they are and what care they give her and her will to live so many things come in to play with cancer you can never up hope and find the best doctors you can I hoped this helps alittle
towley

Postby joseph » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:07 am

No matter what the odds are there is always a chance they'll recover. If she continues to deteriorate consult a different doctor and possibly start a different type of medicine. Talk to the doctors about your mother's condition. If it is her time, do not freak out. It is worrisome to have a relative dying of cancer. I really do wish you the best and hope she has a full recovery. Best of luck.
joseph

Postby ashwyn » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 am

It's unbelievable that someone diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer went almost year without seeing her oncologist regularly. Anyway... stage 4 lung cancer is terminal and pneumonia is a death sentence when combined with lung cancer.
ashwyn

Postby fagin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:13 am

It's unbelievable that someone diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer went almost year without seeing her oncologist regularly. Anyway... stage 4 lung cancer is terminal and pneumonia is a death sentence when combined with lung cancer.
I'd suggest you and your mother find God if you have not. Stage 4 lung cancer is terminal and it's a miracle she's alive after a year. If she has pneumonia then that will not help. I'm sorry to say this, but you should prepare for the worst. Be strong for your mom. Make every day count. But I do believe in miracles. I hope you get one
fagin

Return to Stomach Cancer