Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Spitting out blood, throat cancer?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby zacharias » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Explicit details.

So two nights ago, brushing my teeth, I spit out the paste. Now, whenever I spit something out I tend to dig at the back of my throat to make sure I'm not swallowing. Out came the white paste but along with a reddish hue to it. I assumed it was something with my teeth, so I sucked out every part of my mouth and spit again. No red hue. I dug (not exactly the right word, but I don't know how to explain it so I'll just use that word) at my throat and out came blood in saliva. not solid, more like scattered mucus mixed blood.

Dig, spit, repeat. Blood was coming out each time, not a lot, only a little, and was decreasing in amount each time. After maybe nearly 10 times it stopped. Still concerns me. My friend tells me that this is a symptom of throat cancer, so I did my research and it talks of coughing up blood/bleeding throat. I assume my condition was the same, so now I'm really worried.

My throat hasn't bled (or whatever) since that night. I don't smoke. I'm only 13. I dont live around anyone who does smoke. I have a very slight case of asthma.

Help!
zacharias

Postby raynard41 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 pm

You don't ever DIG in your throat with anything-that is absolutely a terrible thing to do. You will create scar tissue. The throat bleeds VERY easily and the simple act of hacking or clearing your throat real hard can draw blood. If there is scant blood and it is just a few traces amongst the saliva then there are no problems--Leave it alone and NO digging in your throat.

If you feel there is in fact something wrong, of it is sore, or you see or feel a lump then tell your parents, don't go online looking for advice from the net of strangers. Strangers on line cannot help you solve any of your medical problems only your parents can so tell them.
raynard41

Postby zacharias » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Ummmmm

Okay, I'm pretty sure you DONT have cancer. Sometimes gums bleed when people brush their teeth, and truly thats what I think it is.

Also, "digging' in your throat isnt good for it either. I'm not quite sure what you meant by that, but it doesnt sound pleasant or healthy.

Chill out and ask your parents if this continues.
zacharias

Postby riagan37 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Just go to the doctor. No matter what it is you need to get it checked by a proffessional as it could be serious but it could also be something small.
riagan37

Postby danakas62 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:57 pm

I had something like this a year back. I took a blow to the jaw (not in a fight) while playing basketball, I felt fine, but there was swelling around my jaw. I went to the doctors after I constantly gagged up blood, and it turns out a blood vein popped Under my jaw. If you dont feel a sting or pain in your throat Area, It is not a symptom of throat cancer. Make sure the area around your Adams apple is loose as usual. If it hurts, go get it checked out. Wish you the best!
danakas62

Return to Stomach Cancer