Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Sore throat after smoking?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby crosland » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:01 am

Hello. So, I'm not a true smoker by any means. I had a probably week or two long phase where I smoked maybe about 4-5 cigarettes in total. I don't inhale because I'm a singer and I'll never do that to my lungs. To be honest I usually let it sit in my mouth for a second and then blow as much out as possible. I just did it to see what it was like I guess. So I smoked a cigarette today for the first time in a few months just because I was in the car with a few others and I figured I wanna have my last time be with people I trust. YES my LAST time because I'm really scared at this point and plus I'm not addicted anyway.

So, afterwards, I've had a somewhat sore throat. It's nothing too severe. It's very very mild. I actually went through parts of the day forgetting it was even there. I'm a singer so my nerves about my throat probably make it worse but I just wanna be sure. I don't think it's throat cancer because this is the first time anything like this has happened because it's the first time I had a FULL cigarette. Other times I would do like a few hits that's really it. It feels like something's blocking the top of my throat. Like not severely but it feels like there's this microscopic little road block on the top and that's causing my singing voice to not be exactly perfect. Like I said, I'm done with cigarettes so don't lecture me about that. Just tell me if this will go away and if so, when?
crosland

Postby richardo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 am

I'm sure it will go away. When I first smoked, my throat was very itchy. Try gargling with salt water before bed.
richardo

Postby eamonn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:08 am

I have an idea. Why dint you stop smoking and evade all of these unnecessary problems?
eamonn

Postby crombwiella83 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 am

Smoking 1 full cigarette takes 8 minutes of your life away, it greatly increases the chance of cancer.
Please stop, you experimented, and you are a singer! Dont smoke!
crombwiella83

Postby corey » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:37 am

Gargle with warm salt water 3 times a day to help soothe any discomfort.
Could be a 'cold' or 'flu' bug trying to catch up with you.
Give it a few days. If it worsens - see a doctor for a medical evaluation.

(Sip on a mug of hot chicken broth, vegetable broth or beef broth)
corey

Postby caillen » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:48 am

DRINK LOTS OF WATER AND QUIT FOR A WEEK OR TWO
caillen

Return to Lung Cancer