Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Experimental Cancer Patient Wants Others to Benefit

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Small painless lump on inside of mouth?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby chayim » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

I am 15, I don't smoke and I don't drink. However, I have this lump, about the size of an average mouth ulcer. About 5 weeks ago I got like 4 - 5 of these small pin-head mouth ulcers on my lower lip. I then got like this small burning sensation on the roof of my mouth a week later, the same place where my "night teeth holder" (after braces, looks a bit like a gum shield) meats the roof of the mouth. it lasted about 3 days. But now, this? It looks like a small zit, its red with a dim white dot on the top of the lump. Also, there is a small mouth ulcer just below this thing.
Of course, nobody can diagnose me on the internet but what are some causes of these ulcer like lumps? I have no sore throat or difficulty swallowing, but a minor cough from a cold that I have.
I am a hypochondriac (health phobia) And I'm really scared that it might be cancer! :(
chayim

Postby arledge » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Okay first, stop poking, that will make it take longer to heal.

Abscess are infections under the gum/mouth issue and would probably be leaking pus. I don't think that is what you have.

You get lumps and bumps inside your mouth on occasion. They could be your face's equivalent to a pimple or something of that nature, which sounds like what it is. Cancer does not grow suddenly. It would be slow, and wouldn't go away.

My advice to you is to force yourself not to poke or think about it. If in 2 weeks it hasn't gone away at all, then I would suggest you have a dentist appointment.

Hope this helps.
arledge

Postby hekli » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:26 pm

I doubt that it is anything too sinister so do not panic, visit your dental surgeon for advice, it may be a small infection or they may just be ulcers. A simple mouthwash like Corsodyl will soothe and heal ulcers. Available from most Pharmacies. Then do see the dentist, he will reassure if nothing else and stop you worrying!
hekli

Postby molloy69 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:31 pm

better go to the dentist to check that out
molloy69

Return to Cancer Prevention