Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Small hard lumps in groin/neck, should I worry?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby faulkner » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:53 pm

For a few years now I have had three small, non-visible lumps on the joint where my groin meets my leg. Two on the left and one on the right. I never thought much of them because they never hurt, as I said were not vivislbe and I had literally zero other symptoms. I always accrdited them to me being a dancer and forcing my hips to become more flexible.

Well now I'm 22 and I realized other similar lumps. There are two I have found, one on each side of my neck. The one on the left seems to be in the middle of the left side of my neck and the right seems a little further back than the left on the right side of my neck.

I have no other symptoms. No fatigue, night sweats, weight loss or rashes whatsoever. Basically when I research what this could mean I get lymphoma, some infection in my body or benign cysts. What I am thinking is that the infection part is ruled out since I have had the ones in my groin for sure longer than a year. Does this sound like lymphoma or another type of cancer.... or is it possible to have multiple benign cysts? Or is this completely normal to be able to "feel" your lymph nodes? Thanks for any info.
faulkner

Postby amlawdd31 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:02 pm

You can feel your lymph nodes, but should be somewhat tender to move around, and be "movable"... Meaning if you try to move it around it will move slightly. Cancer lumps DO NOT MOVE at all because attached to underlying tissue and are not tender to the touch at all. My patients with lymphoma usually don't have palpable masses even in advanced stages. Could also be sebaceous cysts. Try not to worry but you may want to mention to doctor when u ever go.
amlawdd31

Postby dion13 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:10 pm

sorry mam. cancerous lymph nodes in early stages are as mobile as reactive (secondary to infection) LN.
but you needn't worry as almost every body can feel their inguinal lymph nodes and almost all are non significant ( less than two cm). if any of them are larger you need to get them examined.
dion13

Return to Lymphoma