Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Should People Be Permitted To Sell Their Bone Marrow?

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Should People Be Allowed To Sell Their Bone Marrow?

Postby Washington » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Should people be allowed to sell their bone marrow... View Full Version : Should people be able to sell their organs to hospitals?LadyJubilee8_1805-18-2005, 09:47 PMI?m a Law and Order: SVU fan(nerd) and I saw a particularly burdensome episode yesterday that brought up the question of whether or not people should be allowed to sell organs. So many people die waiting for kidneys or other such organs every year when others, if given the option, could sell one of their kidneys and save lives. Of course, the ethics of this practice are questionable. Though poorer people would probably be selling the organs and richer people would probably benefit, I think a life saved is a life saved. And besides, the poorer person will have that much more money. Why not?OSUdoc0805-18-2005, 09:48 PMI?m a Law and Order: SVU fan(nerd) and I saw a particularly burdensome episode yesterday that brought up the question of whether or not people should be allowed to sell organs. So many people die waiting for kidneys or other such organs every year when others, if given the option, could sell one of their kidneys and save lives. Of course, the ethics of this practice are questionable. Though poorer people would probably be selling the organs and richer people would probably benefit, I think a life saved is a life saved. And besides, the poorer person will have that much more money. Why not?This is a very bad idea.People would just start selling their organs, or those of their children or parents. Sources: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-200908.html Gillgarey 47 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Washington

Should People Be Allowed To Sell Their Bone Marrow?

Postby Lawrence » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 am

Sure! I do not see why not. If people want to sell their body parts one by one.. I say let them. Just don't expect me to. I will happily donate mine to science when I die, but while I live... it will stay as it is.As far as the drug addict thing... you could always test for that.
Lawrence

Previous

Return to Bone Cancer