Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Sharp Quick Pain In My Right Ovary Area.?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby Broin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 am

Ive been having a sharp pain in my right ovary area for the past few months. its just a quick sharp pain like my ovary is being popped and then it disappears. it tends to happen more around my period. I went to an ob-gyn and she did an exam and said that everything was fine...although im not so sure because she didn't seem too interested in trying to help me out considering it was my first visit. my mom's side of the family has a history of cervical cancer and her as well as her 3 sisters have had a hysterectomy by the age of 40. I had a pap smear test and it said everything was normal. also during intercourse sometimes if he goes in to far i get that sharp pain again almost worse. anyones help would be much apperciated!
Broin

Postby Harimann » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:50 am

Could be that or your ovalating!
Harimann

Postby johan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:52 am

Heya, That sounds to me like ovulation. ( this is the most likely cause) or it could be implantation pains many women get these sort of pains when the fertilised egg is burying itself into the womb lining. But from what you say it could be either of the above. I would say give it another week and get a test done. Or better idea means it could be both why dont you go and have a chat with your GP and get him to organise some tests for you, to see whether you are pregnant or maybe just ovulation ( these both can be told very accurately by a blood test.) Once the results come back then your mind will be put to rest either way. Hope i helped and best of luck x
johan

Postby Doggie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 am

Could be an ovarian cyst.
Doggie

Return to Cervical Cancer