Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Sharp Pains in Left Side of my Head?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby riddock » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:05 am

Hi im 16, and i dont think this is a big deal but i like to get opinions, but im having small sharp pains lasting split seconds on the left side of the top of my head and the pain kind of spreads that split second to the back of my eye, they dont cause much discomfort however a number of them in a rally did make me clutch my head on the bus today, i have experienced these before maybe a couple of times but not anything which alarmed me, it is not really now but im just curious. I am a hypercondriac and i think the smallest pain is something severe such as a tumour, im just wondering what it could be, im 95% sure they will go later or tommorow like always, could it be spending atleast 3-5 hours at a computer a day? idk, what do you think? and btw right now i really dont have time to be going to the doctors so make that a last resort, my fathers critically ill in hospital and its taking up much of the family's time, obviously we want to see him anyway. Also my vision is not as good when slightly away from my screen, so is it a eye problem more likely than a brain? i hope so, infact the pain is slightly become more irritable probably because its persistant. so please help, thanks
riddock

Postby birkir » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:19 am

A deficiency in the B-vitamins (vitamin B12, folic acid, etc..) causes pain.
birkir

Postby abir » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:24 am

Could be a pinched nerve. I usually get a pinched nerve in between my c6 and c7 (actually most people do), and that's usually the set of nerves that effects your shoulders and arms, but can also give you severe migraines. Drink some water, lay down, listen to some music, and maybe relax on a heating pad.

As for your eye vision, don't worry too much about it. If you're on the computer, make sure the room is well lit, and adjust your font sizes. 12pt. doesnt work for everyone in the world.
abir

Return to Brain Tumors