Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Severe right side abdominal pain with a lump below ribs?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby wilmod » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:24 pm

This started 4 days ago. I went to the hospital on the second day and they couldn't find anything wrong. All they did was a urine test and a CT scan. They didn't even take my blood. They eventually said that I was just there for pain medicine and sent me home. Yesterday, the pain was manageable. Tonight, I'm in pure misery. It hurts on my right side right below my ribs and straight through to my back. My chest is hurting too. I feel like I need to throw up, but when I try nothing comes up. I now have developed a lump under my ribs about the size of a nickle. It doesn't hurt to touch, but you can definitely feel it. I double over in pain when it comes on. (It comes and goes.) I don't have insurance, so one trip to the hospital was more than I can even begin to handle. I can't afford to go to the hospital again unless I know there is something seriously wrong with me. Any suggestions?
wilmod

Postby acair » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:34 pm

I just found this on the website that I'm going to list below. You really need to go RIGHT NOW!!!!! Especially since the lump is coming and going. THIS IS WHAT IT SAY>>>>>(Seek immediate medical help if you have a pulsating lump in your abdomen along with severe abdominal pain. This could be a sign of a ruptured aortic aneurysm, which is an emergency condition.)

SOME OTHER CAUSESCAN BE:

Abdominal aortic aneurysm can cause a pulsating mass around the navel.
Bladder distention (urinary bladder over-filled with fluid) can cause a firm mass in the center of the lower abdomen above the pelvic bones. In extreme cases it can reach as far up as the navel.
Cholecystitis can cause a very tender mass that is felt below the liver in the right-upper quadrant (occasionally).
Colon cancer can cause a mass almost anywhere in the abdomen.
Crohn's disease or bowel obstruction can cause many tender, sausage-shaped masses anywhere in the abdomen.
Diverticulitis can cause a mass that is usually located in the left-lower quadrant.
Gallbladder tumor can cause a tender, irregularly shaped mass in the right-upper quadrant.
Hydronephrosis (fluid-filled kidney) can cause a smooth, spongy-feeling mass in one or both sides or toward the back (flank area).
Kidney cancer can sometimes cause a mass in the abdomen.
Liver cancer can cause a firm, lumpy mass in the right upper quadrant.
Liver enlargement (hepatomegaly) can cause a firm, irregular mass below the right rib cage, or on the left side in the stomach area.
Neuroblastoma, a cancerous tumor, often found in the lower abdomen, that mainly occurs in children and infants.
Ovarian cyst can cause a smooth, rounded, rubbery mass above the pelvis in the lower abdomen.
Pancreatic abscess can cause a mass in the upper abdomen in the epigastric area.
Pancreatic pseudocyst can cause a lumpy mass in the upper abdomen in the epigastric area.
Renal cell carcinoma can cause a smooth, firm, but not tender mass near the kidney (usually only affects one kidney).
Spleen enlargement (splenomegaly) can sometimes be felt in the left-upper quadrant.
Stomach cancer can cause a mass in the left-upper abdomen in the stomach area (epigastric) if the cancer is large.
Uterine leiomyoma (fibroids) can cause a round, lumpy mass above the pelvis in the lower abdomen (sometimes can be felt if the fibroids are large).
Volvulus can cause a mass anywhere in the abdomen.
Ureteropelvic junction obstruction can cause a mass in the lower abdomen.
acair

Postby addergoole » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Your pain is caused by pinched back muscles. The back muscles, when tight, can press into the nerves going around your body to send pains into the rib, chest or heart areas. As the pressure is from the spine there will be times you can lean just right to add a lot of pressure onto the nerves to increase the pressure on the nerves or if you just did something like bending over would add a lot of pressure as well. It's possible the pressure on one of the nerves activated a muscle in that area to cause the bump you have. The scan looked through these muscles instead of at them for the pain to be missed. The tight muscles can press into the nerves leaving the spine that go to the organs and pressure on the nerves to the stomach would cause it to release more gastric acid which would burn your stomach lining for pain there and it has caused many to throw up. To get rid of your pains you have to release your back muscles to free up the ones being pinched which will release the pressure off the nerves as well and here's how to do that release:
Back:
(do while sitting on a chair)
Place your left hand on your left leg next to your body. Place your right hand over your left shoulder, fingers over the back and the palm in the front, and firmly pull down on them and hold. After 30 seconds slowly lower your body forward and to the outside of your left leg, keeping your left arm as straight as possible. When you reach your lap remain there for another 10 seconds, then release the pressure but rest there for another 30 seconds. Then reverse your hand positions and do your right side.
For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.
addergoole

Return to Ovarian Cancer