Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Severe pain in lower left abdomen during a bowel movement?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby demothi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:57 am

I have been having severe abdominal pain in my left side,that happens with a b.m. it's like I'm having horrible contractions.I had this 2 months ago and it disappered,and now its back.I have a new symptom with it.I've been spotting brownish red blood from my vagina.I went to the hospital,and they did a pelvic exam.they said I had vaginosis and a small trace of an uti.they sent me home with antibiotics and gave me some bento for ibs.iam worried I ethier have rectal or cervical cancer.my periods haven't been normal lately they have been a little heavy and like thick and slimy(sorry tmi) and I have been spotting before my period,which I never use to before.the pain travels to my lower back and down my left leg.can someone please inform me on what may be goin on?
demothi

Postby macnicol » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:58 am

Have you had a pap smear? That tests for cervical cancer. As far as the back door issues, that is far more likely related to diet. You are constipated and you may be (probably are) slightly dehydrated. Drink more water, eat more fiber, and don't equate every little issue with cancer.
macnicol

Return to Cervical Cancer