Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Random bruises showing up?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby hadwin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 am

About a month ago a bruise developed on my leg. I didn't remember hitting and thought it was nothing. Now a little bruise has developed on my inner arm by my elbow. I'm 17 and really scared. People on her said it could be leukemia. How often do bruises show up if you have leukemia? Thank you. :/
hadwin

Postby beverlee » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:30 am

Get a blood test if you are worried.
beverlee

Postby esmond » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:35 am

Pretty often, you just bruise and bleed easily, so if you were to bump into something lightly it would probably leave a bruise. Other syptoms are:

Fatigue (exhaustion)
Pain (throughout body)
Headaches
Fever without apparent cause
Developing infections easily (getting sick more than usual
The pain is bone or joint pain (it can be in a specific area or the whole body)

I know there's more, but I didn't want to give a ton and not be totally accurate. I suggest doing a couple of online tests before going to get tested. I reccomend the mayo clinic syptoms test. I'm 14, and have been having weird syptoms too, no bruising but a lot of bone pain, headaches, exhaustion, etc, and I did the mayo clinic test and it helped me a ton. I matched with leukemia and bone cancer which freaked me out but now the syptoms are going away. It might not be specifically leukemia, there's bone cancer, breast cancer, mouth cancer, a ton of types that have bruising as a syptom. Good luck!! Hope everything turns out ok :)
esmond

Return to Leukemia Forum