Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Random bruises on my arms?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby aquilino65 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:11 am

Hey guys. About two weeks ago I noticed a couple bruises on my arms for which I couldn't remember where I got them. Those went away, then I had another one come and go and this morning I've got another. I have no memory of hitting my arms in a way that would form a bruise.

I just thought it was kinda odd but when I Google'd "random bruising" the first thing that popped up as that being a symptom of was Leukemia.

I've got a standard checkup scheduled with my doctor in 35 days. I was going to mention the bruises to him then but I'm having a bit of a freak out at the moment. Do you think its worth trying to schedule an appointment even sooner or should I just wait until my scheduled appointment and then talk to him then?

Thanks.
aquilino65

Postby chadburn46 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:22 am

Call your doctor and tell whoever you speak to that you have been noticing random bruises on your arms, and ask if they think you should be seen for it. Do not wait until your checkup because it's better to be safe than sorry. If they say that it's no big deal and you should wait until your checkup, then do that. But at least call and ask.
Best of wishes, I hope everything is ok.
chadburn46

Return to Leukemia Forum