Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: How Scientists Used Shrimp to Help Detect Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Question about the pain associated with lymphoma and alcohol?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby jamieson » Sun Jun 08, 1986 12:38 am

I was wondering what type of pain is associated with lymphoma and consuming alcohol? Is it only in the lymph nodes or does it occur in other places? I have a swollen lymph node that has been enlarged and kind of hard for a year and half now. I had a CT scan (with contrast) and my ENT didn't see any need for further testing. Just recently I read that people with lymphoma experience pain after drinking alcohol and I am a bit concerned. When I drink I notice that my inner ear hurts (right side only) the following day. I have problems with drainage and fluid building up in that ear and drinking alcohol seems to exacerbate the problem. I also notice that my jaw (the joint) hurts on both sides (although it's a bit worse on the right). Should I be concerned? I did feel the lymph node after drinking and it didn't hurt at all. Thank you for any input. I really appreciate it.
jamieson

Postby gerardo24 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:01 pm

I was wondering what type of pain is associated with lymphoma and consuming alcohol? Is it only in the lymph nodes or does it occur in other places? I have a swollen lymph node that has been enlarged and kind of hard for a year and half now. I had a CT scan (with contrast) and my ENT didn't see any need for further testing. Just recently I read that people with lymphoma experience pain after drinking alcohol and I am a bit concerned. When I drink I notice that my inner ear hurts (right side only) the following day. I have problems with drainage and fluid building up in that ear and drinking alcohol seems to exacerbate the problem. I also notice that my jaw (the joint) hurts on both sides (although it's a bit worse on the right). Should I be concerned? I did feel the lymph node after drinking and it didn't hurt at all. Thank you for any input. I really appreciate it.
gerardo24

Postby jeevan59 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:04 pm

I had Hodgkin's lymphoma and did have the alcohol pain sign(which is almost a unique symptom to Hodgkin's Disease) The pain does occur in the hard node(s) and when I had it, it trended to focus on my right side of my neck and under the ear area. It is a dull achy feeling and isn't very distressing you just tend to notice it. I never understood the connection until I was years out of treatment.

If you have a rock hard, painless, and immobile lymph node this is a sign that it may be no longer functioning and is starting to become fibroid or scar filled--that isn't good because you need these to work properly. The best thing would be a consult with an oncologist and have the possibility of lymphoma ruled out for sure. Ask your regular GP physician for a referral, they should have no problem doing that for you since you have had this lump for over a year and one half now. Oncologists take care of all sorts of internal lumps and bumps both cancerous and benign. The thing is; if it does turn out to be lymphoma, then getting on it early makes it so much easier to beat back and treat; recovery from that is upwards of 95%.
I hope you get to the bottom of this.
jeevan59

Postby godewyn23 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:05 pm

Any lump*/lymph node enlargement* is a sign of blocked energy + toxins in the lymphatic system. It may be a cyst, tumor [benign/malignant]. If possible identify it properly or U may use both medicines alternatively mentioned hereunder, for the best possible cure----
1. Cyst*— Cyst. A cyst is a sac that may be filled with air, fluid or other material. A cyst can form in any part of the body, including bones, organs and soft tissues. Most cysts are non-cancerous (benign). Some common examples of cysts include sebaceous cysts, small bumps that form just beneath the skin, and ovarian cysts. It's important to note, however, that nearly all cancers are capable of producing cysts. (A sac containing liquid secretion or pus).
• 2. Tumor*— Tumor. A tumor is an abnormal mass of tissue. Like a cyst, a tumor can form in any part of the body. A tumor can be benign or cancerous (malignant).
To determine whether a cyst or tumor is benign or malignant, a sample of the affected tissue — or, in some cases, the entire suspicious area — is removed and studied under a microscope. This is known as a biopsy. A swelling on any of the cutaneous, mucous or serous surface of any part of the body of independent growth.
• 1. Cure for Cyst-----------—Mixture of CF 3.x, CP 3x or 12x, CS 3x, NM 3x and S 12x.

2.Cure for Tumor----—Mature of CF 12x, CP 3x or 12x, CS 3x, KM 3x, KP 3x, KS 3x, NM 3x, NP 3x and S 12x. For small children's bloody tumour-CF 3x is useful

• Dosage*: 2 grains t.d.s.
• All these biochemic salts/homeo medicines available @ local Homoeo shops, are safe and with side benefits. Don’t swallow medicine. The medicine to be dissolved on/under the tongue. Don’t take any thing 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after medication. You can take water.
OR

U may try both medicines alternatively. If not curable------------

Prudent* to see a general surgeon/local homeopath/dermatologist for physical examination, relevant investigations, accurate diagnosis and permanent cure by medication and or surgical interference.
PS. If satisfied/benefited with, inform others to browse 'Yahoo Answers’ on any health issue.
Source: ‘HEALTH IN UR HANDS’ [Vol.I & II] available in all Indian Languages all over the globe] by Dr.Devendra Vora, DSc.,MD.,FRCP.,---an octogenarian & the pioneer in Acupressure in India.
godewyn23

Postby amlawdd31 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Another Hodgkin's survivor here who had the alcohol pain (hello to fellow survivor Tiny!)

I agree with what Tiny said but would add that the alcohol pain related to Hodgkin's happens IMMEDIATELY after drinking a few sips. It lasts 20-30 minutes regardless of whether you continue drinking or stop right away. Your description doesn't seem consistent with that. Also, a clear CT scan is great news.

Fingers crossed you get answers soon.
amlawdd31

Return to Lymphoma