Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Position name/Job title of the person who offers family support during cancer treatments?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Position name/Job title of the person who offers family support during cancer treatments?

Postby sampson » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:33 am

I have a friend who has Stage 4 Lung Cancer, while she was in the hospital a woman helped her husband/family with opportunities to receive assistance during her hospital stay and when she had to go back for treatment. So I am looking for the job title or position name for who actually helps out the family during cancer treatments, etc.

I am in nursing school and am considering changing courses, but I am not sure to what field. I would dearly love to offer assistance and be a kind of support for the family while they go through a very trying time in their lives. If you know what kind of position this is, please email or answer this post.

Thanks in advance!!! :-)
sampson

Postby guiseppe » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:37 am

The job title is called a social worker.
My mother had one until the day she died from Lung Cancer.
This social worker also helped us deal with my moms passing.
guiseppe

Postby eledon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:56 am

Could have been many people. Social services, chaplin, nurse. Maybe a pallitive or hospice nurse.
eledon

Return to Lung Cancer