Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

PLease help me! i think my dog is dying and i need quick help!?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby marx » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:24 am

i have a chocolate lab that will be turning 7 years old in April. he was always kind of a fat dog who was rowdy and ate whatever he could find; food, paper, toys, etc. i haven't seen him since this Christmas and it is now February third. when i saw him he was normal-fat, hungry, and so energetic he knocked me over. today i was him again for the first time since. when i looked at him i broke down and cried. he is skin and bones. he was a fat dog as i said and in a month he must have lost 30 pounds. i also noticed that when he gets up to walk it hurts him. he wont eat and when he does its only bits and pieces of table food. he had eaten a knuckle bone two weeks earlier and that is when my mom noticed all this happening. she thought it was a worm so she gave him and three day worm oral treatment. i don't think that is the case. she also thinks the bone could have hurt his throat so he doesn't want to eat because it hurts going down. another thing i am thinking, but hoping its not, is cancer. we have checked him multiple times for lumps but there are none. his poop is regular and there is no bleeding at all. please please please help me my poop puppy is so skinny and i know hes hurting. we cant afford to make him under go surgery at the vet but my mom is contemplating taking him there. please tell me if there's anything i could do or if you know whats wrong with him!! this is my only hope. thank you so much!
marx

Postby custenhin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:28 am

this is your only hope? Wouldn't a VET be your only hope?

Look up "animal neglect". It's actually a crime.
custenhin

Postby brodrik » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 am

Responsible dog owners take their sick dogs to the vet. Not taking this dog to the vet is animal cruelty, and I hope someone reports your to your local animal control. This dog is sick and needs medical care.withholding this care is animal cruelty and you could be fined and if sent to jail for your lack of care. Your dog is getting older and withholding medical care is extremely cruel. Responsible dog owners take sick dogs to the vet, it's that simple.
brodrik

Postby zacharias » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:37 am

A dog that you don't see for months on end, anything could have happened to him. The dog is looking poorly & not eating, if you care about him & are concerned about his welfare, get him to a Vet to find out what is wrong & treatment. Nobody on-line knows what is wrong with your dog or can help him.
zacharias

Postby claud28 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:43 am

Tell your mom to stop contemplating about taking him to a vet and actually take him to one. In most areas, it is illegal to withhold veterinary care for your pet.
claud28

Postby serafim » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 am

Try soft/canned dog food and baby food. Leave food and water out for him at all times. You can also try chewable children's vitamins until he picks up some weight.
serafim

Postby lothar88 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 am

It could be thyroid disease. The treatment is comparatively cheap; pills. But it might be something else. You MUST get the dog to the vet no later than tomorrow or YOU will be responsible for its death.
lothar88

Postby morio » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:05 am

every minute he is in the condition he is suffering. Slowly starving to death.
morio

Postby luigi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 am

Take him to the vet right away! He might need something simpler and cheaper than surgery.
luigi

Postby carolos » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:18 am

He could have a bone in his throat or in a major organ. Take him to the vet asap.
carolos

Next

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer