Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Please Help.. Do I Have To Go To A Gynecologist?? I'm Reeeaaallllyyy Scared He Would Try To Look At My Vagina?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Please Help.. Do I Have To Go To A Gynecologist?? I'm Reeeaaallllyyy Scared He Would Try To Look At My Vagina?

Postby Skippere » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:16 am

I never ever want to go to a gynecologist. They are too scary. I don't want ANYBODY looking at my vagina especially some creepy guy gynecologist, I don't want lady doctors to either but I think there're better for personal reasons. I'm a 17 year old girl and my mom is trying to make me go but I don't want to. Why would she want some pervert hands on me???? that's weird and crazy. What can I do to prevents her I don't need to go?? I never had sex before or pretty much anything that's REALLY sexual. It REALLY makes me cry to think about some person looking at my vagina. I don't want then to. Can I refuse if he try to see my vagina??? Can they just do the other part of the exam and skip the touching me part??? Ladies I'm so scared I feel like crying:(. This is horrible. Is it bad to feel like this?? Am I wrong for not wanting some doctor to touch/see me even if they are trying to help me?? IF they is trying to help me or just look at me?? I'm confused about this. Yes I know they see vaginas EVERYDAY but it's not about that AT ALL. I NEVER let a doctor or anyone see my vagina just because he see it EVERYDAY doesn't mean he's more scared and embarrassed as I am. I mean come one I'm the one that's getting my vagina looked at not him. Sorry for getting off topic but please help me girls/guys. I am soooooo in need
Skippere

Postby Jarrod » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:18 am

It's not bad to feel like this, you're nervous. That's completely normal. You can ask a female doctor to do it. It isn't bad if you just ask. Go they're without your mom if you want, or if it makes you feel better. But just remember who ever it is, they're a doctor, and they're there to help. Try not to be stressed, and don't cry. I personally think you should just go and get it over with (:
Jarrod

Postby Pyn » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:20 am

How would you feel(or any of your family members feel) if in 10 years time or 20 years time you died of cervical cancer because you were to scared to have your vagina looked at? The main reason a doctor will look at your vagina is not so they can be a pervert(it actually disgusts me that you think that) but so they can save your life. Once you start having sex you will need to get regular pap smears this is so they can monitor any cell changes- if they see cells changing in an abnormal way they can detect cancer early enough to make sure you have a chance at survival.

If you never go to the doctor to get your vagina looked at you will never know if these cells are changing and if you are developing cancer.

I suggest that you don't need to go to the doctor until you have become sexually active or you reach the age of 21- their isn't really a need to go before one of these happen.
Pyn

Postby Gaukroger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:22 am

Would you like me to look instead?
Gaukroger

Postby Strod » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:23 am

I m not sure how long ago this was, but I am 14 and I understand your fear. I don t know about your family or mom, but I do know that you re being completely normal. I mean, if you really don t want to go, just tell your mom, personally, I m going to throw a fit if my mom even tries to make an appointment, it s my choice, and it s your choice. Not theirs. Our bodies are our bodies. I am young enough that I can sort of get away with throwing "teenage meltdowns". You, however have all of the right reasons to be afraid, and I agree, my areas are my areas, I wouldn t want another man or woman looking at them. I honestly do not see the need for a gyno, there is Google, and I can always see my pediatrician if I diagnose something. I know it s not necessarily healthy, but I really don t give a **** what others think. My body, my rules. Power to you, sister.
Strod

Postby Koty » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 am

Uh.... every girl needs their vag checked out.
You need to man up and do it!

it's only life...................
Koty

Return to Cervical Cancer