Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Pancreatic Cancer? Is It Possible To Cure Stage Iv Pancreatic Cancer?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Tilton » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:27 pm

An late update: Turned out that my uncle was just telling us that and/or he misunderstood the doctor. In any case, his sheer will allowed him to live two years after his diagnosis. Unfortunately, now my mother was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Her weakened state will not allow her that much time, I'm sad to say. Thanks for all of your care and responses.
Tilton

Postby Leverett » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:58 am

No, I don't believe that it can be cured.
I was told that stage IV is the latest stage and since you say it has metastasized to his lungs and liver as well, I think they are just trying to give him hope, even if it is false.
When cancer spreads to vital organs, you would need them to be transplanted with new organs, but thats an unlikely possibility with the progression of this disease.
Some people believe in faith in God healing them, but I have a tendency to believe modern medicine more than that and I would have faith in that.
I am sorry for your uncle, maybe they told him that so he wouldn't just give up right now, but they are, in my opinion, giving him false hope.
I'm sorry for your uncle and your family.
You have my thoughts and prayers?
Leverett

Postby harman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:02 am

I'm no doctor but I would say no.
My dad was in the hospital for a week with the doctors saying they didn't know what he had.
Finally after he saw a crap load of different doctors they sent him home and told him he had pancreatic cancer, he died a week later. My feeling is they knew right away but wanted to milk as much money out of us so the doctors could go on nice vacations and drive expensive cars. Pricks.
We would rather have had the truth instead of sugarcoating it so he would have spent more time at home in his final days instead of 2 hours away.
It's all about the almighty dollar when it comes to doctors, but that's just my opinion from experience.
Sorry for your bad news, best of luck.
harman

Previous

Return to Pancreatic Cancer