Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Biomarker Discovered for Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Painful burning in Lymph Nodes (Groin)?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby sagar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:33 am

Yesterday i woke up to painful burning feeling in my groin area but i thought it was just a little pain that would go away but i noticed through the day i still felt it if i sat in certain positions and 24 hours later (now) it is still very painful when i am in them positions , i looked up what could be wrong and it came up with a couple diseases

Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Urinary tract infection symptoms include pain during urination, an intense urge to urinate, and more.

Muscle strain
Muscle strain occurs when muscles are stressed, overworked, or injured due to physical activity or labor.

Lice
Head lice are tiny visible insects that infest the hair and scalp causing itchiness and bumps in that area.

Legg-Calve-Perthes disease
Legg-Calves-Perthes disease is a childhood condition that occurs in the hip causing gait problems and pain.

Kidney stones
A kidney stone, a hard mass of excess waste in the kidney, causes pain of the lower back and urinary issues.

Lyme disease
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection spread through tick bites; symptoms include rash, fever chills, and more.

Hip (acetabular) labral tear
A torn labrum can cause hip or groin pain; feeling like the hip is locking, catching or clicking, and more.

Hidradenitis suppurativa
Hidradenitis suppurativa is a condition of the sweat glands causing painful sores, pus, itching, and foul odor.

Hydronephrosis
Hydronephrosis is a condition of the kidneys and causes aching or pain, urinary symptoms, fever, and nausea.

Swollen glands
Located throughout the body, lymph nodes often swell and become tender when fighting an infection.

Lumbar spinal stenosis
Lumbar spinal stenosis is a condition that can cause pain in the lower back, buttocks, legs, and feet.

Abscess
A skin abscess, or boil, is a swollen, painful, red and warm lump of skin that may rupture and drain pus.

Crabs
Crabs, or pubic lice, are tiny, six-legged insects that infest pubic skin and hair and cause intense itching.

Aortic aneurysm (abdomen)
An abdominal aortic aneurysm is swelling of the main abdominal artery and can cause sudden chest pain.

Tick bite
A tick-related illness may cause a rash that expands out from the site of the bite, fever, chills, and more.

Shingles (herpes zoster)
Shingles is a painful, blistering, skin rash typically found on the back and sides of the chest.

Anthrax (skin)
Anthrax is a deadly bacterial infection that causes symptoms such as blisters and swelling.

Plague
Plague is a rare but deadly bacterial infection causing fever, vomiting, seizures, organ failure, and more.

Lymphoma
Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system and can cause lymph node swelling, weight loss, fatigue, and more.

, could it be i have one of them? i told my mum about this but she just told me to grow up and stop looking them up (obviously a bad parent) im worried and i need answers please:(
sagar

Postby gared8 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:39 am

Richard, the name for the condition you have is termed " inguinal lymphadenitis" and is very often a result of an infection of the skin in the leg(s) or other nearby area. You should call your doctor for an appointment if this continues. The only condition I could find that matched your listed symptoms is : "Osteotitis Pubis" and if you follow this link you will come to the same information describing this condition. Best Wishes
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3057740/
gared8

Postby robbin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 am

I will try to help you narrow ut down a bit.

you are likely too young to be at any substantial risk to have an aortic aneurism.

Is it painful to pee, and do you feel like you have to urinate all the time? if so, consider a Urinary tract infection. I doubt that it is hydronephrosis, as you would feel pain higher up, like in your lower back.

Considering that it just started suddenly upon waking up one day, i dont think that it is: lymphoma, the plague, anthrax, shingles, lumbar spinal stenosis.

Do you have a fever, if not, it is unlikely to be: the plague, a tick bite, lymes disease.

Are you sexually active, if not, it is unlikely to be crabs

is it sharp pain, if so it is not going to be: lice, lymphoma, plague, shingles, tick bite, lyme disease...

have you ever have had a muscle strain before, if so you should remember what it feels like, and if you were doing something like running, you should be able to narrow it down to this.

If none of the above thoughts led you to a clear picture, my guess is that you have mononucleosis or other infection that your body is trying to fight off.

Of course, it is always possible that your mom is right, and it could be nothing.

To get a more clear answer, you will need to give a greater description, like if it is a sharp or dull pain, if it hurts while doing certain movements, or urinating, if you are sexually active, and if you have a fever or not. Talking to a doctor wouldn't hurt either.
robbin

Postby maurice78 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:46 am

Sounds like you are developing Hidradenitis Supperativa. I've had this for 35 years in my groin...see your doctor, he is the best person to diagnose you.
maurice78

Postby fitzsimmons79 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:56 am

Hi, sorry to hear about your problems. If you need more information on kidney stones, then check out my website below. Good luck.
fitzsimmons79

Return to Lymphoma