Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Pain on right side below the rib cage?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby hayward98 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:33 am

HI I have been getting a pain about 2cm below the right side of my rib cage
Im worried that its something serious im 30 yr old female
I have been diagnosed with gastritis ,and excess acid all caused by h pylori (which has now been eradicated with antibiotics) I did lose alot of weight with this but im starting to gain weight again slowly
I have had blood tests done and an ultrasound (all normal) but i cant recall them checking the area im describing the pain I don't have blood in stools or narrowing stools
I do however find it comes and goes its not constant and it can be eased by going for a bowell movement and also passing wind ......... these web sites say pain in this area is colon cancer so my nerves are gone
can anyone please help??

thank in advance
hayward98

Postby burhtun » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 am

Ah I have the same problem and the same worries! I had h.pylori too but treated it. I'm going to get tests done soon... Hopefully its nothing serious. My pain is anywhere below ribs to lower abdomen at random times and lasts for days sometimes. Been ongoing for a year and I'm 20. Hope we both get it sorted. Try not to look online because any symptoms can be exaggerated into cancer.
burhtun

Postby airleas » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 am

I thought I was reading one of my own questions I posted on here sometime ago then, I had and still have exactly the same as you. Like someone else said, please don't worry about colon cancer, like you I was constantly looking on the net to see what was wrong with me. I have now had 3 ultrasound scans in that area and nothing has shown up. On these scans they also checked the kidneys, so I am presuming they would have checked yours as well (Did they turn you on your side? if so then they checked it) and this was fine.

I suffer from acid reflux, so I still put mine down to this and also I don't have regular bowel movements, well not as regular as I should!

You need to think about your diet as this could affect the area to. I admit I still sometimes worry about other stuff on what it could be (I can't help it, thats just me!)

Try not to worry but it might be worth going back to your doctor also.
airleas

Postby eamonn » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:54 am

This is the kidney alarm point
so could be kidney infection
or kidney having problems with some chemical or medication.
Can even be caused by deodorant sprays!
eamonn

Postby lir » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:10 am

To start with I would put the idea of it being colon Cancer right out of your head the chances of it being that are very small indeed I would say by what you have said that it is most likely either constipation or even bad wind try and have a bit more fibre and roughage in your diet this should help the problem. So many people who get a pain of one sort or another look it up on the Internet and think it could be cancer.
So with out seeming to be rude as I have already said put it right out of your head, self diagnoses from the Internet can be a very bad thing indeed.
lir

Postby ashwyn » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:11 am

To start with I would put the idea of it being colon Cancer right out of your head the chances of it being that are very small indeed I would say by what you have said that it is most likely either constipation or even bad wind try and have a bit more fibre and roughage in your diet this should help the problem. So many people who get a pain of one sort or another look it up on the Internet and think it could be cancer.
So with out seeming to be rude as I have already said put it right out of your head, self diagnoses from the Internet can be a very bad thing indeed.
An ulcer of the stomach has similar pain.
ashwyn

Postby werner75 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:20 am

Press your doctor for another ultrasound and you may find your gastritis is linked to gall bladder stones - but express your concerns regarding your colon - often your body tells you whats wrong...its just that we often cannot express it very well.
werner75

Postby jonatan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 am

Hi.

Well,seeing how your aged 30 and you appear to be in good health(from what you've said),and no signs of any possible kidney problems,which your pains are in the proximity of your right kidney,and the right kidney is slightly tilted,which is more inclined to experience pain.
That being said....no issues there.
You've gotten yourself too focused on colon cancer,which I seriously doubt is the problem in your case,and it's a medical fact that those who do have colon cancer.....also have other symptoms.
So,this rules out that diagnoses.Most colon cancer patients often times complain of rectal bleeding,and you have failed to list this as a symptom.

You should basically assess your situation and ask yourself IF your having bowel movements on a regular basis,which for some people would be 2 bowel movements per day.And,if your not having regular bowel movements and are also experiencing trapped gas? Then this is most likely your diagnoses.You above everyone else should know your body better than anyone,and if your bowels are irregular...then it's basically your diagnoses along with trapped gas.Both of which you claimed offered you relief when released.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
jonatan

Return to Colon Cancer