Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Pain In Thigh Bone, Worried It Could Be Cancer

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby Dugald » Thu May 12, 2016 9:25 pm

I will occasionally be awakened at night by a deep dull ache in my right upper thigh. The pain is in the front of my thigh and it only ever happens at night. I am 29 years old, but this has been happening for the last 10 years or so. The frequency of it is anywhere from twice a month to once every 3 or 4 months or more. It lasts about an hour each time it happens and I usually get up and get an ibuprofen and that seems to help.

Moving my legs does not help, walking on it does not help...it's almost as if it needs to run it's hour or two long course. It doesn't feel like a muscle cramp either, it feels like it is coming from the bone. If I rub my leg very hard it will temporarily ease the pain(while I'm rubbing) but it doesn't help it go away. My thigh doesn't get swollen or red or anything, just the pain. I'm worried it could be cancer.
Dugald

Postby Eachan » Fri May 13, 2016 3:32 am

I will occasionally be awakened at night by a deep dull ache in my right upper thigh. The pain is in the front of my thigh and it only ever happens at night. I am 29 years old, but this has been happening for the last 10 years or so. The frequency of it is anywhere from twice a month to once every 3 or 4 months or more. It lasts about an hour each time it happens and I usually get up and get an ibuprofen and that seems to help.

Moving my legs does not help, walking on it does not help...it's almost as if it needs to run it's hour or two long course. It doesn't feel like a muscle cramp either, it feels like it is coming from the bone. If I rub my leg very hard it will temporarily ease the pain(while I'm rubbing) but it doesn't help it go away. My thigh doesn't get swollen or red or anything, just the pain. I'm worried it could be cancer.
Eachan

Postby misu78 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Without an examination I can not tell you what it is. But your symptoms do not make me think of cancer as a first choice anyway. But let your doctor check you!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH

There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!  
misu78

Return to Bone Cancer