Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Pain in scrotum, i'm worried?

Discuss Prostate Cancer

Postby rowyn » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:24 am

Since shortly i have pain in my scrotum, i'm a person that worries alot so i directly think its something like testicular cancer.. i have what it feels like a really small swelling in one of my balls that does hurt when i touch it, and i'm having abit of pain generally at my scrotum for the last 2 days. help please :(

P.S: I'm 14 year olds, i have read testicular cancer is mostly 20-40 year old
rowyn

Postby niccolo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:26 am

Scrotum pain needs to be evaluated by your Doctor.
the good news is it is ammost certainly not cancer, and the chances are overwhelming that it is a relatively benign problem.
the reason why you should see a doctor immediately, is there is one condition, known as testicular torsion, that can cause loss of the testicle, as it is cutting off the blood supply.
again, it is probably not, (as torsion tends to have very high pain level)/
The most likely cause (particularly if it is the left testicle) is varicocele. These occur in 30% of all males sometime between the ages of 13 and 30.
Other issues could be infection, or hydrococele.
So tell your parents you have testicle pain, (or if you are too embarassed, go to Wikipedia and print out the page on Varicocole, habd it to them and tell them you think you have it), and see your doctor asap.
niccolo

Postby bryne » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:36 am

I doubt very much you have testicular cancer, dude! It could possibly be fluid build up that has formed abit of a bump, inside your scrotum. Could also be puberty at work, as your scrotum etc is growing faster than before. My advice though is make sure you don't hit or get hit in that area and if it's still present and hurting in another few days to a week, maybe let a parent, older bro know, and or head to a doctor.
bryne

Postby berkeley » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:41 am

We, the users of Yahoo Answers cannot help you. Hike yourself to your family physician so they can have a look at your problem.
berkeley

Return to Prostate Cancer