Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Over Active Thyroid Treatment Can The Patient Still Do Hairdressing?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Postby Beaman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:56 am

My Mums hairdresser has an over active thyroid the tablet treatment for the condition if it does not work she may have too have an iodine type tablet which apparently involves radiation.Would she be allowed to go near elderly people to do their hair, I was told the person getting treated must not come into contact with anyone for over 3 weeks my mum has had cancer and is in her 80s im very concerned.
Beaman

Postby Eri » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:59 am

geordieade,

It is most unlikely that she will be in contact with clients until after the precautionary period - this will depend on the level of radiation that is given. Iodine 131 is a radioactive isotope of the element iodine and is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism, a condition caused by an overactive thyroid gland. Iodine 131 is taken as a pill and works by destroying the cells of the thyroid gland, which eliminates the symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Because it is radioactive, patients undergoing this treatment must take special precautions to avoid exposing people around them to radiation until the iodine 131 breaks down and leaves the body. After a stay in the hospital for a few days until the radiation in the body is reduced to safe levels, the patient is allowed home. patients must limit contact with other people as much as possible, especially small children and pregnant women. They should not sit close to people on couches or in vehicles and not let children sit on their lap. They should try to stay in their own room as much as possible and make sure they wear socks or slippers at all times. They must sleep alone and avoid intimate contact with a partner until their doctor allows them to resume normal activity. If possible, they should use a separate bathroom from others in their household for the duration of the precaution period. Men should urinate sitting down to avoid splashing urine, and the toilet should be flushed two to three times with the lid closed after use. Hands should be washed thoroughly after using the bathroom and patients shower at least once a day. All towels, washcloths and other laundry should be kept separate and washed at least twice before being used again by others in their household. These are just the basic precautions. The patient would most definitely be issued with a copy of the full regime that is to be followed.

ALL ANSWERS SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED, IN ANY FORUM AND ESPECIALLY IN THIS ONE. - MANY ANSWERS ARE FLAWED.

It is extremely important to obtain an accurate diagnosis before trying to find a cure.
Many diseases and conditions share common symptoms.

The information provided here should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.

Hope this helps

matador 89
Eri

Postby Ji » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:02 am

We often see hypothyroid symptoms totally reversed when commits to a plan that supports balance through nutrition and daily self-care. Learn here https://tr.im/dUdI2

Consume foods naturally high in B vitamins, such as whole grains, nuts, and seeds, and iodine (fish, seaweed, vegetables and root vegetables).

Exercise daily, at least 30?60 minutes per day, 4?5 times a week.

Practice deep breathing and other techniques that trigger the ?relaxation response? ? such as meditation and guided visualization.
Ji

Postby Chauncey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:22 am

A few months ago, I was very sick, zero energy, freezing cold, depressed, weight gain, thought I was dying. I read every word of this Hypothyroidism Revolution program and followed all the advice. My life turned around the first week. I started to feel human again. Within weeks my energy came back and I felt like living again.

Get the entire hypothyroidism revolution system today? just choose the best option for you.
Chauncey

Postby Apiatan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:25 am

there are countless cures obtainable for hyperthyroidism. the objective of those cures is to chop back the quantity of thyroid hormone made via the thyroid gland so as that extra quantities don't get into the bloodstream and alleviate indicators. Your decision of scientific care will remember on your age, universal subject, and the dimensions of your thyroid gland. the main ordinary generic cures contain radioactive iodine, betablockers, anti-thyroid drugs and surgical technique (thyroidectomy). whilst on those drugs, you should be heavily monitored because of the frequency of undesirable side outcomes. As an incorrect decision or dosage of drugs could reason different distressing indicators, or maybe make indicators worse, that's strongly recommended which you learn those drugs thoroughly and make an recommended determination. the difficulty, as an occasion, with radical thyroid scientific care such as surgical technique is that it places the thyroid out of action completely. This necessitates lifelong prescriptions of guy-made or animal derived thyroid hormone. Hypothyroid indicators are regularly the result. organic cures decision cures supply a great type of ways you are able to help shelter stability interior the physique, as an occasion homeopathy, acupuncture, actual drugs and rub down. they have been used for hundreds of years, and now greater effective than ever earlier, the Western community is embracing this holistic attitude of healthcare. This holistic attitude addresses no longer purely the indications of hyperthyroidism, yet they handle the inspiration reason and underlying issues and could help supply all-around help and organic well being. there are countless organic and homeopathic substances which may well be of information without the adverse side outcomes of prescribed drugs. some everyday herbs traditionally used to calm the overactive thyroid contain bugleweed (Lycopus virginica), lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) and motherwort (Leonuris cardica). to guard tremors accompanying this affliction, people take mixtures of Stramonium (6C), magazine. phos. (D6), Agaricus muscarius (6C) and Tarentula (6C). organic cures is often investigated as area of a broader scientific care plan. that's proper to debate those concepts with your widely used practitioner or seek for advice from a homeopath or naturopath for advice. additionally, that's needed contain a healthful nutrition recurring, exercising, meditation and different strategies-physique cures to get the optimum earnings.
Apiatan

Return to Thyroid Cancer