Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Ovarian Cancer Stage 3c, Third Reoccurrence, Chances Of Survival?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby Takumi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:05 am

Hi, now before telling me I should go to a doctor and listen to what they say, I would, but I don t want to ask this question in front of my mother to her doctor, since she is the once diagnosed. My mother was diagnosed 3 years ago with stage 3 ovarian cancer, which they did surgery and chemo and removed the cancer, unfortunately it returned, this time to her liver. She had a big surgery again where they removed some of her liver, did chemo, now it came back again at her liver. She did surgery over a month ago for the 3rd time now and she just started chemo again, 3rd time as well.

I m trying to be really strong for her but behind closed doors I feel like I m breaking down. She s only 45 and I m 20, I want her to be alive and well, most importantly happy. I want her to see me get married and have children. Thats what I hold on to. But please, I want to know the truth. I know it is different with everyone but after listening to her history, what can you make of this? How long do women usually live with ovarian cancer? Do you think she has a low or high chance?

I just want to hear the truth, even if it s hard. Thank you.
Takumi

Postby Txanton » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:06 am

Given that it has now spread to the liver it would now be classified as metastatic or stage 4.
Txanton

Postby labhruinn33 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:10 am

I'm sorry to see you're going through this. I lost my mother to ovarian cancer and like you, I needed honest answers. After she passed I started an organization to fight ovarian cancer and have met so many survivors. Don't look at the statistics!!!!! Ovarian cancer is now treated as a chronic disease. Your mom may go through treatment and be good for months or even years before another recurrence OR she may not even have one. And as time progresses they keep finding more and more treatments. You can send an email to me at infoATovariancancer101.org - or check us out on Facebook - Ovarian Cancer 101. There are a lot of people there that can share their experiences with you AND your mom. Thinking of you both.
labhruinn33

Postby Joanie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:19 am

You can speak to her oncologist at the hospital without mum knowing as we done that when my dad was dying with cancer but as for your question again the oncologist would give an estimated time but as she is basically stage 4 she wont be here to see you get married etc and I would guess she wont even see christmas this year. My dad had stomach cancer which spread to liver and we were told 6-12 months but he died within 6 weeks, Good Luck
Joanie

Return to Ovarian Cancer