Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Ovarian cancer question?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Ovarian cancer question?

Postby harvey » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:19 pm

every once in awhile I would get these pains in my lower abdomen, it felt like squeezing or like i had a belt on that was way too tight, always the left side. but for the last couple days the discomfort has constantly been there; especially when i press on it, move my hips, cough, and when i push my insides (like going to the bathroom). i've also noticed some bloating, i cant suck my stomach in, not for very long atleast or it hurts. the pain seems to go into my back and into my leg sometimes. and im also gasy and have been going to the bathroom more frequently. i know these are all symptoms of ovarian cancer and its in my family history (my dads sister had it) but its only been a couple days, so i was wondering if i should be worried and if it continues, how long should i wait until i get checked?
harvey

Ovarian cancer question?

Postby lisandro » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:21 pm

You have the symptoms of irritable bowel.You need to get checked out now while you are having these symptoms to ease your mind. If it is irritable bowel it will get worse in time because you are so worried about cancer.Irritable bowel can be helped with diet. Do your homework and find the diet on the web that will help.What you should and should not eat,for instance milk could be your problem.
lisandro

Ovarian cancer question?

Postby kilian » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:27 pm

There are lots of things this could be, this is why we should see a Dr if we are concerned about our health rather than trying to self diagnose.

Ovarian cysts are far more common than ovarian cancer and have almost identical symptoms.
kilian

Return to Ovarian Cancer