Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My wife has become short tempered all of a sudden, she is a different person recently, what can cause? what?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

My wife has become short tempered all of a sudden, she is a different person recently, what can cause? what?

Postby chonen » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:24 am

We've been together 14 years, married for 10 and have always had a perfect marriage. I'm afraid something is wrong but it could just be something hormonal I don't understand. She is 42, great health her father has some paranoid mental issues and has had brain tumors etc. I'm worried this may be something genetic but I'm hoping it may just be typical middle-age hormonal issues. Does anyone have experience with this?
chonen

Postby cacey » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:30 am

since her father has mental problems, she could have it too, it run in families. I think she's depressed, take her to the doctor and find out. there are cases when vitamin B deficiency is the problem.
cacey

Postby gerardo24 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:34 am

could absolutely be hormones.

Or she's stressed about something she's not sharing with you..
gerardo24

Postby gillian66 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:43 am

Probably peri-menopausal it is harsh with the emotions and hormones.

HOWEVER Do not suggest this to her, because all she will hear is "I think you are getting old.."

Ask her if she has been to the doctor lately at an opportune time, like after watching a medical drama on TV. Because, one of my sis-in-law had a mentally ill father, she was perfectly sane and really smart productive person and then in her mid-forties....well she did end up with some serious issues.
gillian66

Postby giovany » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:48 am

Probably peri-menopausal it is harsh with the emotions and hormones.

HOWEVER Do not suggest this to her, because all she will hear is "I think you are getting old.."

Ask her if she has been to the doctor lately at an opportune time, like after watching a medical drama on TV. Because, one of my sis-in-law had a mentally ill father, she was perfectly sane and really smart productive person and then in her mid-forties....well she did end up with some serious issues.
She should see a doc get medicine for herself it's probably hormonal pre menapas..I don't think its genetic.
giovany

Postby pyrs » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:03 am

I am 42 yrs old and have been married for 15 years and I have not suffered any of her symptoms. Her father has a history of mental issues and she has his genes. You really need to get her help as soon as possible. I am unsure how she would handle it if you told her you thought she may have the same illness her father has. There is a chance that she is not mental and perhaps something else is going on. Has she changed her appearance, does she start arguments, taking better care of herself lately? If she has these symptoms as well she may be having an affair and the short temper outburst could be part of the cheating cycle.
pyrs

Return to Brain Tumors