Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My uncle has was a pancreatic cancer survivor and has it again and hes very weak now. will he survive?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

My uncle has was a pancreatic cancer survivor and has it again and hes very weak now. will he survive?

Postby martinus92 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:43 pm

i am nervous. He got it again
martinus92

Postby lyulf68 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 pm

I am sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what it feels like to be in your shoes.

To be totally honest, his chances are not good. Unfortunately 5 year survival rate of pancreatic cancer is about 3-5%. It is the most deadly cancer. A patient with pancreatic cancer is said to have done "very well" by doctors if he or she lives for a year or more after diagnosis. Problem with pancreatic cancer is that the pancreas is at the very back of the abdominal cavity and by the time it is discovered, cancer would have already metastasised. If indeed he got it again, it probably means it has spread to other parts of his body. Even if cancer doesn't kill him, the complications or burden of surgery might.

Again, I am truly sorry for the burden on you. I hope your uncle and your family all the best.
lyulf68

Postby morio20 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 pm

That he survived it before is a good sign. Pancreatic cancer has an unfortunately high mortality rate, but if he beat it once, he can beat it again.
morio20

Return to Pancreatic Cancer