Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Survival Rates Increasing with Targeted Molecular Therapy

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My throat hurts after smoking...?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby gwyr » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 pm

i'm 15 and I only smoke once in a while and i smoked a cigarette yesterday around noon and i went home and went to bed and now today I woke up with a sore throat and a really stuffed up nose, it's not super painful and it only hurts when i inhale and swallow. This is only my 5th cigarette in my ENTIRE life. I know it's bad for me, it causes lung cancer, yellowing of the nails and teeth, and I shouldn't do it but it calms me down when i'm stressed and I like the taste.. My mom and brother both have a cold and i have really bad allergies, but I'm not sure if I should be worried or not? also is there anything that will help with the throat pain?
gwyr

Postby octave » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:47 pm

You have cancer. Seek medical care immediately. If you'r lucky enough, they might remove the tumor just because it is stage 1 cancer.
octave

Postby graent » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 pm

QUIT!!! there are poisons is cigarretts you know that is prolly wat is making your throat so sore
graent

Postby pallaton16 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:00 pm

If you've only had 5 cigarettes i'd say don't smoke more and ruin your life. Once you start you have a very hard time stopping and it not only harms you but other people around you. People can even get second hand smoke for the chemicals on your skin.
But no i doubt the sore throat is from the cigarette it's from the cold your mom and your brother had.
pallaton16

Postby jeannette71 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:02 pm

It's not cancer, it's just a cough gathered there in your throat. Wait for some days, everything will be normal as earlier.
jeannette71

Postby earie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:04 pm

You probably have a sore throat because you're breathing toxic chemicals and smoke right down into it. Quit smoking. There are other ways to relax...you know, ways that don't KILL anyone unfortunate enough to catch your secondhand smoke. Cigarettes are an incredibly selfish habit and if you love your family you will find another way to deal with your stress.
earie

Postby gerardo24 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Stop smoking. Buy some cough drops. Take allergy medicine. Don't worry.
gerardo24

Postby haviv » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Stop smoking. Buy some cough drops. Take allergy medicine. Don't worry.
Firstly, stop smoking. Second, it helps to have a drink with you.
haviv

Return to Lung Cancer