Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My stomach hurts all the time... what could it be?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby delany » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:24 am

It started last summer when I got an infection in my intestine. Since then it hurts like hell. I wake up with a stomach ache, and at night I sometimes even wake up. My parents recently divorced, my mom says it could be stress, which i think is part of it.
My granddad died of colon cancer... now i'm really scared! :'( :'(
It sorta runs in the family i think.... :'(
I have no blood or anything. I went to the doctor two days ago, and he said it seemed like IBS, irritable bowel syndrome. He gave me pills, which are supposed to work instantly, but nothing seems to help. I even tried loads of paracetamol but it doesn't work either.

Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me advice or tell me what it could be ? It'll be VERY appreciated !
delany

Postby lothar88 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:31 am

Do not rush to any conclusions... just because your grandfather had cancer does not mean you also have it. IBS seems to fit since the symptoms include abdominal pain and they get worse when you're under stress.

1) Drink plenty of water.

2) Eat a varied healthy diet and avoid foods high in fat.

3) Avoid foods that seem to make you feel worse.

4) Find ways to handle your stress.

5) Go get a second opinion.
lothar88

Postby richardo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 am

I have the exact same thing you're talking about and I've had it for months now. It's really painful and I don't know what to do :(
richardo

Postby meredith » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 am

I have the exact same thing you're talking about and I've had it for months now. It's really painful and I don't know what to do :(
meredith

Postby aeneas87 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 am

Make sure you're keeping your body alkalized, by eating alkalizing foods (google which ones are). A deficiency in vitamin B12, zinc, or probiotics can cause stomach aches.
aeneas87

Return to Colon Cancer