Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My nipples are sore, does this mean anything?

Discuss Breast Cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer in the world today.

Postby caine » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:39 am

There was an itch on my breast so I scratched it, then I noticed my nipple was sore, so I touched the other one, they are both sore.
Does this mean anything? Is it breast cancer? I'm really scared, i'm 12. It's only sore when touch them. I don't feel the soreness, when I don't. Please answer):
caine

Postby eochaidh » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:41 am

It's probably because your growing.
eochaidh

Postby crandall » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:55 am

I'd need a picture to verify my diagnosis
crandall

Postby pyrs » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:00 pm

This happened to me last year. I didn't know what it was and still don't but it went away so i put it down to being my period coming that month. It was very painful. Not the same as growing pains at all. Very sensitive.
pyrs

Postby caillen » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:02 pm

This happened to me last year. I didn't know what it was and still don't but it went away so i put it down to being my period coming that month. It was very painful. Not the same as growing pains at all. Very sensitive.
If you get your period already, you may be close to that time of the month. If youre sexually active you could be pregnant ( i hope not miss 12 year old!! ;) otherwise like above stated...ur breasts could be growing...it hurts alot when they do!!
caillen

Postby eyton » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:10 pm

It's hormonal. Both the itching and the soreness are perfectly normal symptoms of hormones usually related to ovulation and/or your period. It shouldn't be a concern unless it persists for a long time (more than a few weeks) or it's accompanied by redness, swelling, lumps/bumps or anything obviously abnormal. My breasts get tender and itch on a regular basis, which is related to my menstrual cycle. Don't worry, my dear!
eyton

Return to Breast Cancer