Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My Mum Went To The Doctors Today And They Think She Might Have Cervical Cancer...please Help!?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

My Mum Went To The Doctors Today And They Think She Might Have Cervical Cancer...please Help!?

Postby Hyun-Ki » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Yes, cervical cancer is quite curable in the vast majority of cases. Don't worry. Even if she has cancer, treatment is straightforward and extremely effective.

The only disadvantage is that treatment sometimes involves a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus), which makes it impossible to have children, but at your mom's age presumably she's had all the children she wants, so that's not necessarily a big drawback. The treatment depends on how bad it is.
Hyun-Ki

Postby Alvord » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Just like some Cancers, it does.. chemo. but sometimes chemotherapy doesn't work. i'm sorry to hear about your mum, keep an eye on her. god bless x
Alvord

Postby Oded » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Yes it's curable, they have vaccines for it now too (here in Canada I'm not sure if the states does), until she's diagnosed you won't know how serious it is, cancer has many stages and different things are happening at each and there will be different ways of dealing with it. The best thing for you to do for her right now is to be there for her and help her keep as normal of a life as she can right now.

I wouldn't worry, I think that it's very curable as long as it doesn't spread. Don't forget there's always hope!
Oded

Postby Gwydyon » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Yes it can be curable, every case is different.
Gwydyon

Postby Dubg » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:29 pm

I had cervical cancer, and it is actually one of the most treatable cancers and easiest to beat. Freeze her cervix, a round or 2 of radiation and you're done. I've been in remission for about 8 years. No big deal, don't worry, she'll be fine.
Dubg

Postby darnall52 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:31 pm

If it is caught early enough it can be treated. You should really talk to your doctor or an oncologist about this though because they'll have all the information you need.In the mean time the Cancer Research site might be able to help you: http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/type/cervic...
darnall52

Postby Comyn » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:32 pm

Yes, cervical cancer is 100% curable if caught early.
Comyn

Postby Aillig » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Did your wellbeing care expert say which you had HPV or strange cells that would reason cervical cancer? if it is the case, it is what's going to ensue. In some months, they're going to prefer to do a colposcopy, seem it up on the cyber web in case you like. A colposcopy is while they bypass in with vinegar answer and a huge q-tip, in specific situations iodine. They use a microscope to look heavily on the cells to confirm in the event that they're cancerous or no longer. It does not injury, this is like a splash twinge feeling. in the event that they locate strange cells at this element, they'd furnish you a biopsy, wherein the freeze the cells. i does not propose a biopsy until eventually you prefer it, in different words, in the event that they're beneficial that the strange cells are cancerous. i'm merely asserting this considering you're pregnant, you do no longer prefer something too invasive, different than beginning occurring down there. enable's pray which you have no longer have been given cervical cancer, yet once you do, they'd have caught it in this is earlier ranges and could prefer to video show you for the period of your being pregnant without appearing a biopsy. sturdy success! I had the comparable scare and while they did the colposcopy, the strange cells have been magically usual. extraordinary how our bodies artwork.
Aillig

Postby Orvyn » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Cervical Cancer develops very slowly.

There are 3 'pre cancerous' stages that the cells go through before they become fully cancerous.

These are generally called CIN1,2 and 3. The first 2 stages can in fact be left alone for a period of time, to see if they regress..CIN3 though is always treated quickly. It can take years for CIN 1 to become CIN3.

Your Mum will have had, or will be given a colposcopy examination, to determine how far the abnormal cells have spread. The only true way to identify what is going on though is via a biopsy, this is the true test for cervical cancer.
Orvyn

Return to Cervical Cancer