Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My Mom Has Cancer And I Am Scared To Death That She Will Not Live Very Long.?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Stancliff » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:45 am

My mom has undergone chemo and surgery for stage 1 pancreatic cancer. I know most will think " well it's just stage one" and I know that. What terrifies me the most is her not living as long as before. I'm only 13 and I want her to see me through college. I want her to see her grand kids. I am having trouble dealing with the though of her not living more than 25 years after this. Will someone please tell me how to alleviate the pressure of this. I can't take it much longer.
Stancliff

Postby bedford51 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:52 am

Talk to your Mom and Dad. Talk to your Grandparents, friends and counselors . There are cancer groups you can talk to. The best thing for you is to talk and write down your experiences. You will have to take each day as it comes weather it is good or bad. There is books on grief you can read. It might help you to read it. Keep yourself as healthy as possible by exercising. Your life has changed and the only thing you can change is yourself. You will have the time you have with her. Take advantage of it.
bedford51

Postby alistaire92 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:54 am

First, don't Panic,

Most of us here understand. What you are going to need to do is find some cancer support in your area. Talk to the hospital where she is receiving her treatments. The may offer no-charge counseling, even for family members. Search the web in your area for cancer support foundations and inquire about counseling sessions, that is my best advice.

I am a two year cancer survivor. My immediate family that was there for me for the 6 months of surgery, Chemo, the whole nine yards. However, the problems started after the Chemo. No one in my family took advantage of any of the family related activities or counseling sessions for caregivers. My big problems started after the Chemo. They all assumed I would go right back to normal after the treatments were over. This is far from the case. The problem now is, they think it is all me and it has caused a great dela of stress and anxiety for me.

You need to do this to get a full understanding of what you mother is going through, even after the treatments. In order to help her, you need to understand what is happening, so you have to help yourself first
alistaire92

Return to Pancreatic Cancer