Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My husband have to wives can we get hpv or cervical cancer?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby clarance » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:32 pm

My husband have 2 wifes can we get hpv or cervical cancer?i am very scared i only had sex with my husband and he had only sexy with me and his 2nd wife.we both wife only had sex with our husband. i hope we 3 are safe.but i dont knwo y i am upset and scared yesterday was my pap smear and doc said she give me result in 1 week. if my husband and his wife dont have hpv it means i am safe?and i never had sex in last 7 years even not with my husband .and not any one else ever...i am married for 9 years.if there would have been nay thing then it would have shown??? plz reply me. MY ENGLISH IS V POOR SORRY
clarance

Postby garwig95 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:34 pm

If you, your husband, and his second wife have never had sex with any other people then none of you should have caught HPV and you should be safe. HPV is caught through sexual contact with an infected person, so if none of you has had sexual contact with an infected person there should be no risk.

I have HPV and it was successfully treated several years ago with a very minor surgical procedure. If you have your pap smears regularly they should find any problems, and you can get treatment. I don't think you will have HPV though.

Edited to add
With the very greatest respect Denise not all women have the choice of how they live their lives. The questioner may not have been consulted about her wishes concerning a polygamous marriages, such marriages being common and accepted in some cultural groups. Many women have their husbands selected for them by their families in arranged marriages. I did not feel it right to comment on that here, but chose simply to answer the question regarding the chance of infection.
garwig95

Postby kulbart » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:38 pm

This was answered yesterday.
Nearly every person who has been sexually active has HPV it is not a big deal.

EDIT:: You don’t need hope.
There are between 500,000 – 1 million women with abnormal pap smears in this country every year and we have an average of 16,000 cases of cervical cancer each year. Doesn’t that tell you anything?
PLEASE start believing in science, facts and yourself then hopefully one day you will realize it is not okay to be married to someone who is married to someone in addition to you.
kulbart

Return to Stomach Cancer