Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Stanford Researchers Target Cancer Cell Proliferation

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My Grandpa just died. I can't stop crying.?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby zebulun » Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 pm

He wasn't my real grandpa but a really close family friend. He's watched me grown up for ten years and the last few months, he was feeling sick. His voice was weak and they found out he had lung cancer. He died an hour ago and I found out thirty minutes ago. I can't stop crying. If I don't go to his funeral, will he understand?
zebulun

Postby ashley » Wed May 01, 2013 12:07 pm

*hugs*

Listen to your heart,because his will forever be interconnected with yours (:
ashley

Postby japhet25 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Tears are good, and to be expected following a significant loss in your life.
There is a "grief process" that you will pass through. Most will happen in the next few weeks, but other parts of it may linger over months, an return again at times like a year from now, and at his or your birthdays.

You don't need to decide right now about being at the funeral. It is meant to be a celebration of the person's life, as a living memorial to honor his life, and to honor the people who meant so much to him.
The funerals I have been to are not what I would call "morbid", rather I would say honoring or even celebrating the person's life with others who will also miss them. Whether you are present, is up to you, and up to your family's wishes.
japhet25

Postby ellmer66 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Tears are good, and to be expected following a significant loss in your life.
There is a "grief process" that you will pass through. Most will happen in the next few weeks, but other parts of it may linger over months, an return again at times like a year from now, and at his or your birthdays.

You don't need to decide right now about being at the funeral. It is meant to be a celebration of the person's life, as a living memorial to honor his life, and to honor the people who meant so much to him.
The funerals I have been to are not what I would call "morbid", rather I would say honoring or even celebrating the person's life with others who will also miss them. Whether you are present, is up to you, and up to your family's wishes.
I'm sorry for your loss. The death of a loved one is a very difficult experience. I mean this in a nice way, but log off of here and spend time with other family and loved ones that understand.
ellmer66

Postby sagar » Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Yes, it's very understandable not to attend a funeral. It's an unbearable sight to see a close one being lowered into the ground and never come back out. I'm sorry for your loss.
sagar

Postby fredric » Wed May 01, 2013 1:12 pm

*hugs* sorry for you're lost, I know how too lose someone that so close to you , it's hard, i lost my grandpa in 2008 & we was so closE and he passed away wit cancer and i still miss him so much , i still cry a lot causE that how much i Miss him,a lot, r i p with your grandpa!!! R i p
fredric

Return to Lung Cancer