Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My Grandmother Had Ovarian Cancer And Now It Has Spread To Her Liver - How Much Longer?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

My Grandmother Had Ovarian Cancer And Now It Has Spread To Her Liver - How Much Longer?

Postby Gradon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 pm

My grandmother was planning on having another surgery (would be the third) for her cancer removal but the doctor said they can't do the procedure because the cancer has spread to her liver.

Now they are considering the hospice.

I've heard that the hospice is usually the final stages of a person...is this true...I don't know what to do now. How much longer do you think she'll have
Gradon

Postby Fferyll » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:42 pm

I can address the Hospice issue.
Many people do not realize they do much more then end of life care. They are there for the family as well as the patient.
They will bring in whatever your grandmother needs and more. They will assist the family any way they can, such as with counseling if needed.
So, don't look at it as final stages, look at it as helping her to be comfortable.

I have worked in an assisted living and I've dealt with many hospice patients. We are lucky to have them.
Fferyll

Postby dubhgall » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:51 pm

Usually less than 6 months once someone enters hospice.

In some cases it could be as little as days.

Her treatment team is in the best position to make an educated guess.
dubhgall

Return to Ovarian Cancer