Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My girlfriend is throwing up blood...what can be wrong with her?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby gower » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi
Please read i need to know whats wrong with her.
She's 15 and she hasent gotten sick but she texted me 5 min ago that she was throwing up blood.
i know that she has lung and heart problems...what can this be? PLEASE HELP..
gower

Postby godewyn23 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Vomiting blood (hematemesis) refers to significant amounts of blood in your vomit. Small streaks or flecks of blood in material you spit up or cough up isn't usually considered vomiting blood. Blood in vomit may be bright red, or it may appear black or dark brown like coffee grounds.

While vomiting blood may be caused by swallowed blood, as from a nosebleed or forceful coughing, truly vomiting blood usually represents something more serious and requires immediate medical attention. Bleeding in your upper gastrointestinal tract (mouth, esophagus, stomach and upper small intestine) from peptic ulcers or torn blood vessels is a common cause of vomiting blood. Call 911 if vomiting blood causes dizziness after standing, rapid, shallow breathing or other signs of shock.
godewyn23

Postby godewyn23 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:10 pm

It happens with either dry air it drys up the lungs and causes them to bleed and because pressure was put on them from the force of inhaling needs to be breathing by a humidifier to help
godewyn23

Return to Stomach Cancer