Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My friend's cat has been in heat for three months. I'm not even kidding.?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby boot » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 am

Obviously this is serious, and yes, this poor kitty needs to get spayed. I'm not here to make myself look like an idiot, so save the harsh commentary. As of today, my friend's cat has been in heat for three months straight. I wonder if this is even possible for a cat. Obviously it isn't normal. I'm not looking for whether it's normal or not, I want to know if it is possible. And if so, could there be something else behind the cause of this lengthy torment? I'd like to give my friend some idea of what could be happening inside of her kitty. I really appreciate it :)
boot

Postby chetzron98 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 am

Anything is possible. She could stay in heat if she has a persistent or retained ovarian follicle,and ovarian cyst, ovarian cancer,adrenal cancer, a uterine infection, sometimes a urinary tract infection. Cats will normally go into and out of heat from week to week for an entire season, so it may not even be abnormal, she might just be recycling faster than usual. In any event, the constant subjection of her body to her female hormones is putting a lot of pressure on her ovaries, uterus, and breast tissue and if something doesn't change she WILL get an infection or develop cancer of the ovaries, uterus, or breasts sooner or later.
chetzron98

Postby jago51 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 am

This question can only be correctly answered by a veterinarian- you already know this is a problem- so you have the responsibilty to get the cat help- it is cruel if no help is sawt- Harsh comment or not- common sense comes into play-
jago51

Return to Ovarian Cancer