Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My Fiances Ex Wife Informed Him That She Has Hpv. If He Was Her Only Sex Partner, How Did She Get It?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

My Fiances Ex Wife Informed Him That She Has Hpv. If He Was Her Only Sex Partner, How Did She Get It?

Postby igon86 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:49 am

Lyn43,

The variables in your question are many, and I am sure that you are able to imagine many of them ? I regret that there is no direct answer. I am going to suppose that you are referring to genital HPV which is typically transmitted through direct skin-to-skin contact. The virus may also spread by touching something that has been contaminated with the virus and then touching the skin, although how often this occurs, if at all, is not known. Human papillomavirus (or HPV for short) is a group of over 100 different types of viruses. They can cause several different diseases, depending on the specific type of HPV, as well as where the infection occurs. Some diseases that HPV can cause include warts (including genital warts), precancerous changes, and cancer. Transmission most often occurs from another person. It is possible for a person to infect themselves, although this is thought to be a rare method of transmission. Genital HPV is not always spread through penetrating sex. Some studies have shown that in female virgins, HPV may be spread through nonpenetrating sexual contact. Almost all cases of genital HPV are spread through vaginal or anal intercourse. In rare cases, it may be spread through oral sex. Between 30 and 40 different types of HPV can be spread through genital contact. Most HPV infections, however, have no signs or symptoms, so most infected people have no idea. Even if the infected person has no symptoms, he or she can transmit HPV to a sexual partner. Transmission of genital HPV appears to be high with a new sex partner. This risk is even higher if the partner has been known for less than eight months and if the partner has been sexually active. All that having been said, as mentioned above there have been many different HPV types described. Some are more often associated with cervical cancer or vulvar cancer while other types are more common with benign epithelial lesions such as condyloma accuminata or venereal warts. Having been exposed to one virus type does not prevent getting infection from another virus type. Exposure to human papilloma virus (HPV) can be measured by testing the blood (serum) for antibodies to the viral capsule or by testing actual tissue such as cells from a Pap smear or tissue from a biopsy for viral DNA fragments. This latter test is known as Viratype. It is more commercially available than the blood antibody testing, but this is a rapidly changing field so you must check as to which tests are locally available.

ALL ANSWERS SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED, IN ANY FORUM AND ESPECIALLY IN THIS ONE. - MANY ANSWERS ARE FLAWED.

It is extremely important to obtain an accurate diagnosis before trying to find a cure.
Many diseases and conditions share common symptoms.

The information provided here should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.

Hope this helps

matador 89
igon86

Postby Owin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:03 am

This question is unaswerable by us.
Only you can answer this.
Do you have HPV? Then most likely the scenrio that you described could be correct IF in the other details are in fact accurate (him only having his wife as a sex partner and her only having her ex-husband as a sex partner) until you came along.

I can only say that if you do have it, and if his ex-wife now has it, that is so messed up for her :(

Go to the doctors.
Confirm if you have HPV (if you don't already know that you have it) and then we can make better suppositions
Owin

Return to Cervical Cancer