Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My Father Died Of Stage 4 Colon,liver And Brain Cancer In October Of 2011, Im 16 And I Don't Know What To Do?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

My Father Died Of Stage 4 Colon,liver And Brain Cancer In October Of 2011, Im 16 And I Don't Know What To Do?

Postby Ahusaka » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 am

All My life I was a " Daddy's Girl " .Losing my father my was one of the worst things that has happen to me. Its been 4 months and I still Cry Myself to sleep at night , I get so Angry knowing he wont be there at my Senior Prom This year and My graduation in June . Or even When I try to Call his phone and No One Picks Up! is this Normal ? I don't know How long I can Live like this. I know God does not give you anything you can not handle but Losing the one person the closest to me ! How has everyone else coped with losing a family member in their "teen years"/
Ahusaka

Postby isham » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:32 am

Hi,

I love how you've aknologded that God doesn't put us into situations we cannot handle.

I believe this statement gets me through most of my days.

Yes, you're absouloutly right! God doesn't put us into a situations because he thinks we will fall out, He knows you an pull through. But I don't know if you've noticed, he doesn't put you into a situation alone. Your close family members around you would be feeling this same hurt too. And the people in your life that see what affect this is having on your life would see your pain. He's put them there too, and not just for no reason, he's put them there close to you, so that they can help you!

What you're going through is something i cannot even imagine.

But please, you don't have to walk this alone, he knew you could handle a situation like this. But not by yourself, with the others around you and even just talking to God. He's there to help.

if you have futher questions, i would be more than happy to help also; [email protected]

You'll pull through. Just remember, your not alone, and you will never be alone.
isham

Postby Gulab » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 am

God doesn't give you anything you cannot handle but also God helps those who help themselves. You need help and I'm so sorry that you need it so early in life. You need grief counseling. If there's a counselor in your school, that would be a great place to start. It's horrible that your first experience of death is the person closest to you. I'm guessing, but it seems to me that would "bewildered" to your troubles. Please go for help; even God wouldn't expect you to go through this alone.
Gulab

Postby Chappel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:43 am

My mom died when I was 9. And my dad is really sick, and although I don't like to think about it, he might die soon. I know how you feel.

My sister didn't deal with it too well, but I have. Just remember that you've always got your memories of him, and don't forget what he taught you.

I don't know if you're the same, but I used to look around sometimes at all my friends with their perfect lives, and it was hard not to hate them, because they didn't know what it was like, and they couldn't understand how sad I was. Sometimes I even wished that one of their mom's would die, just so they could know how it felt. I'm 16 as well now though, and I don't think like that anymore.

There are some things that you have to realise that will make it easier. I'm going to help you out a little by telling you some things, although I can't explain the full extent of them, you'll have to figure some of it out by yourself.

First of all you can't blame God, or yourself, or anyone else for what happened. Things just happen. Just remember him in a good light and make sure that his memory lives on.

I don't know how religious you are, but in my religion there is no hell. Only heaven. Everyone goes to heaven, it's just depending on how good you were through your life how long it takes you to get there. I'm sure your dad will get there right away. and when you get there, it's the most Euphoric feeling you can ever reach. And you feel like that for eternity. So I think it's nice to know that they are in a much better place.

As for yourself, you need to be happy again. When someone you love so much dies, it makes the world a little bleaker, or at least it did for me. Now I doubt you'll get this right away, but if you just notice how beautiful the world is, it will make you happy. I mean really LOOK at the colours. Even though your dad is gone, the world can still be beautiful.
Chappel

Return to Colon Cancer