Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My dog has a bump on his face?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby albrecht » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:01 am

I was playing tug-of-war with my chihuahua when I noticed a small bump in between his eyes ( the space between his eyes). I dont remember him getting hurt or anything. It is not bleeding or anything its just a bump. When I try to touch it, he cries. What could this be? Any ideas on how he couldve gotten this?
albrecht

Postby clarance » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:03 am

During the course of grooming, playing with, or handling your dog, you may discover a lump or bump or or beneath the skin. To learn what it may be, see this table on lumps or bumps or or beneath the skin.

Abscess: A painful collection of pus at the site of a bite or puncture wound.

Basal cell tumor: Solitary nodule, usually on a narrow base or stalk. Round, normally hairless, and may be ulcerated. Found on the head, neck, and shoulders of older dogs.

Ceruminous gland adenoma: A pinkish-white dome-shaped growth in the ear canal less than 1 centimeter in size. May become ulcerated and infected.

Epidermal inclusion cyst: A firm lump beneath the skin. May discharge cheesy material and become infected.

Hematoma: A collection of clotted blood beneath the skin; often involves the ear flaps.

Histiocytoma: Rapidly growing dome-shaped (buttonlike) growth found anywhere on the body, usually in young adults.

Lipoma: Smooth round or oblong growth beneath the skin; feels somewhat soft.

Mast cell tumor: Solitary or multiple growths usually found on the trunk, perineum, and legs. More prevalent in certain breeds, including Boxers, Golden Retrievers, Bulldogs, and Boston Terriers.

Melanoma: A brown or black pigmented nodule found in areas of dark skin. Growths in mouth and nailbeds usually are malignant.

Perianal gland tumor: A solitary or multinodular growth in the perineum around the anus. Occurs most often in older intact males.

Sebaceous adenoma: Also called sebaceous cyst. Smooth, pink, wartlike growth less than 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter. Most common on the eyelids and limbs. Occurs in older individuals (average age 10). Very common in Poodles and Cocker Spaniels.

Skin papillomas: These grow out from the skin and may look like a wart. Not painful or dangerous
Soft-tissue sarcomas: Ill-defined or well-demarcated masses of varying size and location. Often slow growing.

Squamous cell carcinoma: A nonhealing gray or reddish-looking ulcer found on the belly, scrotum, feet, legs, lips, or nose. May resemble a cauliflowerlike growth.

Transmissible venereal tumors: Ulcerated, often multiple cauliflower-like growths on the genitalia of both sexes.
clarance

Postby parthalan76 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:06 am

take him to the vet !
parthalan76

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer