Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My dad is having problems with his digestive system.?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby amlawdd31 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:16 am

Whenever my dad eats its only once a day- but he does eat untill he is full; when he gets back from work. Lately he has been eating and the food is like its in his throat, like he is gonna be sick.. but he he doesn't vomit? He has been farting a lot! and his waste is watery. what is happening to him? He feels weak because of this like he cant work as well...

Lately he has been to the hospital, and a camera has been monitoring for any irregular motion of the body. Ever since he has been prescribed with medicine which were for the camera thing they was going to do. Now the camera thing is done and over...
amlawdd31

Postby brigg » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 am

It seems like he may have contracted an infection by probably eating something outside. Or a more likely cause could be the fact that he has problems of wind.

Wind is a normal by-product of the foods we eat and our normal digestive processes. As the digestive system breaks food down, it produces gas, which is mainly composed of carbon dioxide, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and methane.

Usually, we eliminate this gas through the mouth (burping) or through farting. But your dad could be suffering from excess wind.

Does your dad eat carbohydrates a lot?
Carbohydrates are especially troublesome. Humans cannot digest certain carbohydrates in the small intestine because we may not have (or may not have enough of) the enzymes that can aid their digestion. The food then moves in an undigested state from the small intestine to the large intestine. It is here that the bacteria go to work, producing the gases hydrogen, carbon dioxide and methane, which are then expelled from the body.

Such foods are beans and certain vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, and onions. High fibre foods can also increase the volume of wind produced - examples are baked beans and brown rice. Fizzy drinks may contribute to wind. Any sudden changes to your diet, as when travelling, can also generate more wind than usual.

What are the symptoms of wind?

In addition to burping and farting, people who have wind may feel bloated. They may also have pain in the abdomen, which they may mistake for another condition such as appendicitis.

Could wind be a sign of a medical problem?

Yes. Chronic (long-lasting) belching may be a sign of disease in the upper digestive tract, such as ulcers or gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD).
Bloating may be caused by a variety of diseases, including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), colon cancer and Crohn's disease, or by a hernia.

But for his watery waste, I'd say it's something from an infection.

Vote an answer below:
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al_VRNSbEPrnmzijoJVth2ohBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20121109065512AAdXSfb
brigg

Return to Colon Cancer