Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My dad is dying from cancer and I can't cope?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby honani » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Well today the doctors told my dad that the non hodskins lymphoma has spread to the brain,he has no feeling on his left side and can't walk, the docs are going to give him another form of medication but all the family think its only to sort the balance on his left side out to make him more comfortable. This is really killing me,I am going to miss him so so much and I feel so sorry for him because he keeps saying I'm not done yet I'm fighting this,were every1 nos its near the end.

Can any1 please give me a bit of advice?
honani

Postby aeccestane » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:02 pm

I would say try and stay strong for your Dad but also do not be afraid to cry about it. Thing is as awful as it sounds, sometimes the people who are closest to people suffering with illnesses like this get forgotten. People seem to forget to ask them how they are coping etc. Do not be afraid to voice your feelings....if you are feeling angry tell someone, upset tell someone etc etc. These are all normal feelings when dealing with a situation like this. Also do not be afraid to ask questions if you feel you do not understand some of the things that are happening.
Also if you feel you need some extra help go to your doctor and they may be able to put you in touch with some people who are outside the situation that will be able to help you. This is sometimes easier as you do not worry about upsetting the other people in your family.
I hope this helps you and please remember there are always people from outside any situation that will be able to help you and listen to you.
aeccestane

Postby danforth88 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 pm

I would say try and stay strong for your Dad but also do not be afraid to cry about it. Thing is as awful as it sounds, sometimes the people who are closest to people suffering with illnesses like this get forgotten. People seem to forget to ask them how they are coping etc. Do not be afraid to voice your feelings....if you are feeling angry tell someone, upset tell someone etc etc. These are all normal feelings when dealing with a situation like this. Also do not be afraid to ask questions if you feel you do not understand some of the things that are happening.
Also if you feel you need some extra help go to your doctor and they may be able to put you in touch with some people who are outside the situation that will be able to help you. This is sometimes easier as you do not worry about upsetting the other people in your family.
I hope this helps you and please remember there are always people from outside any situation that will be able to help you and listen to you.
There are things that are not in our hands,this is one,you want ,desperately to help your dad,but you can't .
I'm sure,the doctors are doing all they can,to help your dad.
Stay strong, we all are praying for you and your family.
Talk to your dad,tell him all you would like to tell him,with serenity.
He is listening.I wish you peace.
danforth88

Postby adamek14 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:25 pm

I know there is no easy answer and this must be really difficult for you but try and stay strong for your dad, he still wants to try and fight it and im sure knowing you're there with him every step of the way will mean the world to him. I hope he pulls thru it. All the best
adamek14

Postby haraford » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:36 pm

There is nothing we can say to help you but I know what you are going through as I lost my dad to cancer 6 years ago, be strong as it gets a lot worse before the end, Good Luck
haraford

Postby harvey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Prey, give all your worries to God. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for Him. I have cystic fibrosis and my life would be hell if God wasn't helping me carry this burden :)
harvey

Postby riccardo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:46 pm

stay strong! pray for him if he hasnt given up then dont you give up!
riccardo

Postby halliwell » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:58 pm

If he hasnt given up why should you? Do what he does best, have faith and be super strong!
halliwell

Postby delany » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Go to www.klove.com. God loves u and wants to help u.
delany

Return to Lymphoma