Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My Boyfriend Has Pancreatic Cancer And Wants For Us To Have A Baby His On First Stage Of The Cancer ?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

My Boyfriend Has Pancreatic Cancer And Wants For Us To Have A Baby His On First Stage Of The Cancer ?

Postby MacBain » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:39 am

Just being honest here but, the reality is that your boyfriend may not recover from this cancer. Pancreatic is a very lethal cancer. If his future is unsure at this point, how would that be fair to your potential new child? Maybe wait until he goes through treatment and see if he pulls through this. He can bank sperm in the meantime to insure viability. Children need two parents whenever possible--think about the welfare of the child first.

Best Wishes to your boyfriend--I hope he pulls through.
MacBain

Postby zarad » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:40 am

regrettably, in the adventure that your uncle's maximum cancers began in the pancreas and unfold to the liver and lungs, the oncologist replaced into way incorrect. Metastatic pancreatic maximum cancers (maximum cancers that has unfold) won't be able to be cured and customarily does not reaspond nicely to chemotherapy. scientific care would help advance the time-honored of life and amplify the life span a sprint, in spite of the undeniable fact that it won't treatment it. Chemotherapy with gemcitabine is the time-honored scientific look after degree 4 pancreatic maximum cancers. different drugs (Xeloda, Eloxatin, Tarceva) would help decrease the tumor and amplify the life expectancy extremely, yet there remains ongoing debate approximately how effective those drugs are. the common life expectancy for a affected person with pancreatic maximum cancers that has unfold to the liver is approximately 4-6 months. i'm sorry to hearken to approximately your uncle.
zarad

Postby Mannis » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:43 am

Since chem drugs can damamge sperm he ought to save some of his for the future so you can have a healthy baby.
Mannis

Postby Arlando » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:44 am

If you wanna do it, better hurry up. He may not have too much time left.
Arlando

Postby arlan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:58 am

One of the first things they talk about when telling you about chemotherapy is to use protection when having sex. Chemo can damage sperm and you would not want to end up with a baby who has difficulties with health if you know you can prevent it.
arlan

Postby Darweshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:12 am

I would be suggesting that this is something to look forward to when he completes treatment.

He needs to start treatment promptly.

While going through treatment his sperm may be affected by the chemotherapy leading to birth defects.

If he postpones treatment to have a child with you, you may end up raising the child alone.

You will be in a much better position to support him through his treatment if you are not coping with pregnancy and a newborn.
Darweshi

Return to Pancreatic Cancer