Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Mom Has Pancreatic Cancer?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby darcey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:48 pm

my mom is 50 years old, she recently got surgery for her pancreas and she got part of it taken away. There was sorta good news, doctor said they removed the tumor, but there is a little bit of cancer cells in her. Not alot, but she still has to take chemotherapy. She's worrying about that she'll only have 5 years to live. Im wondering if this is true? and I wanna know what can make her live longer, whether if she has to eat a lot of healthy nutrition or exercise weekly.
darcey

Postby Arto » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:54 pm

sorry for ur mom, and pancreatic tumor is one fo the most silly tumors of teh body, only god's will defines when any one dies, so dont think about it, just enjoy life and enjoying having a mom, its a big gift, will pray for her
Arto

Postby Cinneidigh » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:55 pm

The treatment for pancreatic cancer varies significantly based on the grade and stage of the tumor.
Chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery may be used, but the exact combination will depend on a doctor's expert opinion.
There is no easy answer for your question - a team of doctors (usually including an oncologist and a surgeon) should help your mom decide what treatment is most likely to be helpful.
Cinneidigh

Postby Shuang » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:59 pm

first of all sorry to hear this...second who knows how long any of us have to live...u can read all the statistics in the world but that might not mean a thing for your mom ...my suggestion is when it comes to cancer you need to hit it with everything youve got/can...chemo,radiation...but also try alternative meds(speak with a physician about incorporating something like that) ..special diet(s)..excercise ....but most of all a good/fighting attitude...i think that helps alot...dont give up!
Shuang

Return to Pancreatic Cancer